Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed Harvest?

Hi Guys,
    I haven't seen any posts regarding the upcoming Delayed Harvest season so I was just making sure everything is still on for Nov. 1. We had a pretty good season last year so I'm getting a little anxious to hit the DH streams. Anybody got any confirmation from the state folks regarding stocking or DH season? I live 2 hours south of the nearest trout and don't get to go that often so I try to plan as best I can in order to have a shot at a good day.
    Thanks
    Darryl

Every thing is still go on all DH streams November 1st through May 15
    dink
    Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
    believe that the river is empty.
    Henry Van Dyke

Comment

Also, if the DNR holds to a similar schedule as last year, pencil in a stocking event at Whitewater on or around Nov. 21. Now, don't take that as gospel, but for the last few years the Tuesday before Thanksgiving has been a stocking day.
      "What's his offense?"
      "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
      ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

i am going to be in blue ridge area the 31st. I am wondering if there is a remote possibility some trout are stocked on the 31st in anticipation of opening day? If so would it make sense to spend some afternoon time fishing on the 31st and spend the night in blue ridge?

Comment

Stocking Dates

Typically wildlife management does not stock prior to a season change. In my experience they stock all the streams the during the first week of DH.

I know in NC they do not stock any of our streams with the usual assortment of suckers and shiners until well into the first week of the season. So, if Oct 1st falls on a Saturday, no fish will hit the water until later that week.

Comment

Thanks Johnkies.

Comment

I should add that the stocking days at Whitewater include lots of volunteers who help carry the fish down to the water...and then fish for what they just released.

It's a great time for kids.
              "What's his offense?"
              "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
              ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

...does SC or Ga stock the Chattooga DH... ?

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/fish/stocking/results.html

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
                  ...does SC or Ga stock the Chattooga DH... ?

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/fish/stocking/results.html

Blessings!

Jimmy
                  Yes.

They both do
                  sigpic
                  ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                  - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Chattooga DH section will be stocked before this weekend? Also, do they carry buckets upstream/downstream of the truck access spots, or do they just dump fish in the big stocker hole upstream and at the bridge?

Comment

...http://www.dnr.sc.gov/fish/stocking/results.html

Check this link later this week...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the information, it just seems like there has been next to no buzz about dh season kicking off this year, so I was concerned that the stocking plans may have changed or been cut back. I guess I'm just getting a little anxious. There is usually a press release or some mention from the state folks but I haven't found any.
                        Thanks again,
                        Darryl

Comment

DH Stocking

Another thread says truck and helicopter stocking has been done in Chattooga. What about the Amicalola DH? Has anyone see stocking at the Ami?
                          IndicatoRx

Comment

Originally posted by IndicatoRx View Post
                            What about the Amicalola DH? Has anyone see stocking at the Ami?
                            IndicatoRx
                            Should be stocked.
                            If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X