X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was blind but now I see

Found this the other day but didn't have time to mess with it:

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/...nk-fix.137211/

Finally did it and works for me on FireFox. Aint tried chrome yet. I can see all the pics on the board, and I mean all (if still stored on PB). We all owe Norm a beer.

Thanks Norm.
    WF
    sigpic
    There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart

Be forewarned that although it does work, this bolt-on can cause some pretty serious browser performance issues. I tried it on Chrome and it slowed my browser speed to a crawl. Web pages would take forever to load. After doing some research, I found many others were saying the same thing. I had to disable it.
    Last edited by Buck Henry; 01-26-18, 05:37 PM.
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Ah, Clark, what's a bit of speed in exchange for being able to view pics of all my ugly flies and your puny fish from years past . There's some pretty awesome photography and reports on the board, it would be a waste not to be able to view it all, even if only temporarily. I think it's a good fix even if only to stick it to the thievin, robbin PB basterds. Don't know about Chrome but FF is chugging along just fine. Didn't notice a significant slowdown at all and I def didn't measure any speeds. I don't recommend using PB for storing new pics but I'll work with this to access old reports, fly patterns, etc.
      WF
      sigpic
      There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart

Comment

My internet service has been spotty over the past few days and I haven't seen any noticeable slowdown on FFox. I'm gonna watch it for another week or so. Probably won't be long before PB comes up with a block and renders this useless. I just hope they don't send out a death ray and blow out my laptop when they do.
        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Guys, I am talking about some serious performance degradation! Fishmonger experienced the same thing too. Might just be my version of Chrome, but I had to shut it down it was so bad.
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I just tried it on Firefox and have not any performance degradation ... yet. If I do, I know what to turn off until I need to see some PB linked photos.

Thanks Mo for sharing.
            Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.

Comment

Firefox worked great...no degradation.

Much thanks, Mo!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Working...
              X