Bloopers reel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetBoy View Post
    Took a day off from work and had a spot at Dukes. Forgot my reel. Went home.
    This one made me laugh the most. Short, sad, and funny.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

A blooper reel needs some video, no?

http://vimeo.com/71022153

FM
      The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Last summer I was bass fishing from a dock using a finesse worm. It was getting dark and I couldn't figure out why my casts were only going a few feet. I looked up and a two foot section of my rod snapped right off. Then there was the time my reel flew off my rod during a cast and fell in the drink.

It was right out of a Three Stooges clip.

Comment

I've had several over the years and most may have or have not been related to partaking in some of that Bosnian fire water. Two that come to mind are.....

1) The 1st large rainbow I ever landed at Dukes. I was completely "wet behind the ears" and fishing by myself down in section 3. Fishing a black wooly bugger across and downstream, i hooked into a giant mid 20's fish who I completely horse'd in on 4x (didn't even own 5x then). In my scrambled effort to retrieve my camera, she thrashed around and out of my net and back downstream. Somehow, I managed to regain all the slack in the line and "horse" her back in. The exact same camera debacle happened again but this time, she thrashed even harder, spit the hook, broke the wooden band on my net in two and swam off to her lair! I imagine the folks all the way up in section 1 heard me cursing like a sailor!

2) I was fishing on the Toot and came upon an area where I could lay out some line. I was trying to see how much I could actually lay out, practicing the new to me double haul. I came forward from my back cast and was met with some serious resistance. Figured I was snagged on something, i yanked it again and out came a baseball sized chunk from the hornet's nest I had just snagged! Epic hatch of angry hornets! I managed to "boogie" on upstream without a single sting!
          Last edited by Big Browns; 02-13-18, 08:53 AM.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Georgia...?feature=watch

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

sigpic

Comment

Tree guy coming Friday. Since I normally put my boat just inside the gate, I'll just go move it back to the corner, NBD, I have 4wd... and I'm stuck.

Luckily my neighbor a few doors down has a bobcat that got it out no problem, but just one of those moments I was thinking, "man' all this just for a couple of fish".

Like I said in a previous post, if you really wanna have a good time, add a boat to the mix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
              Tree guy coming Friday. Since I normally put my boat just inside the gate, I'll just go move it back to the corner, NBD, I have 4wd... and I'm stuck.

Luckily my neighbor a few doors down has a bobcat that got it out no problem, but just one of those moments I was thinking, "man' all this just for a couple of fish".

Like I said in a previous post, if you really wanna have a good time, add a boat to the mix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Heh, gotta start laying stuff under the wheels for it to get some traction. In my case, plywood with nails through it facing down of course. Had this happen demolishing an old shed, got stuck, used said shed to gain traction, reload shed , take to dump... Not fishing related, but I felt dumb. Good times

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X