Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoal bass enthusiasts -- your chance to be famous!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoal bass enthusiasts -- your chance to be famous!

Hi folks! As you may have heard, I'm working on a new book project tentatively titled "Fishing for Shoal Bass." It will focus on shoal bass (range, ecology, management and so on) and on the how and (in general but very useful terms -- think "just the right amount of info") on where to fish for them. The book will look at fly fishing as well as at spin fishing, with a strong emphasis on environmental stewardship and protection and development of the resource. It's turning into a pretty neat project!

I'm at the point in the project where I'm ready to start looking for anecdotes, tips, suggestions and photos from shoal bass anglers other than me.

I'll also like to talking to experienced shoal bass guides, so if you have a favorite please forward a recommendation.

If you have insights, hints or anecdotes, suggestions on your favorite guide or guides, or even just a photo of you with a big shoalie that you'd be willing to share, I'd love to talk with you! Drop me a PM here with contact info, or drop an email to me at ... aa4bw at comcast dot com.

Thanks!

Best,

Steve

Hi there Steve! Cant wait for another book from ya. I am sure you have seen the Chattahoochee DH thread, it is most recently on quite a shoal bass kick. I must say this book will be highly anticipated

Comment

Shoal Bass Info

May want to talk with Randy Vining - "Riverpirate" on the board, he is super knowledgeable, did a kayak seminar at the fall fling that was very helpful.
      I can't wait for the book!
      Darryl

Comment

...my go-to's are olive/black wooly boogers, green /red craws, hellgrammites in black/brown, ants in red/black...

...the real old-timer locals who fish Mulberry Creek (flows into Goat Rock Lake just above Columbus), Flint, Hooch, etc. call Hellgrammites "rock worms"...they are the larvae of the Dobson fly...they are present in Piedmont rivers and streams...ball love them ...catfish , as well...

Blessings!

Jimmy
        Last edited by Counslrman; 08-22-18, 06:02 AM.

Comment

You should come Fish with me, we can talk, Fish, take pictures...
          I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Riverpirate View Post
            You should come Fish with me, we can talk, Fish, take pictures...
            Steve, an offer like this should be difficult to pass. Randy knows and loves his shoalies.

Comment

Love the shoal bass. Iím really looking forward to the book. Iím sure you know this already Steve, but give Mr. Kent Edmonds a ring.

Comment

Working...
              X