Today I spent way too much on a new rod and reel and didn’t feel any guilt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I spent way too much on a new rod and reel and didn’t feel any guilt

In fact it felt pretty, pretty good knowing She Who Must Be Obeyed will never find out. I deserve the best.

Trust me, she already knows and is about to retaliate with a shoe purchase that is going to make you cry.
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
      Trust me, she already knows and is about to retaliate with a shoe purchase that is going to make you cry.
      She knew before the thought even entered my mind. She’ll spring it on me in another 6 months or so.

Comment

Congrats Richf7 I hope it provides many years of enjoyment
        THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

As it has been said on here many times before

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell me fly rods for what I told her I paid for them.

I just got through setting up a Reddington Predator 8wt with a Behemoth reel with spare spool and a floating line on one spool, full sink on the other. Sodium free...
          My wife knows exactly how much it cost. She paid the bill. I'm working 2 jobs, I'll buy it if I want it bad enough.
          Last edited by fishnpreacher; 02-28-18, 06:49 PM.
          BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
          Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

How to Buy Rods

Back when my two daughters were in high school there was an endless parade of proms, spring dances, fall dances, and holiday dances. One may NOT wear the same dress twice! So I walk in one day with a new rod and both daughters and their mother happened to be sitting near the door. I was greeted by my wife with, "and just what is that?"

I replied that it was a new fly and immediately challenged for how much did it cost?

My response was that it cost about the same as a prom dress but I would sure as he11 use it more than once!

Then I ran for the back of the house .........................

Comment

What did you get?
              minimumexposure on IG

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
                Back when my two daughters were in high school there was an endless parade of proms, spring dances, fall dances, and holiday dances. One may NOT wear the same dress twice! So I walk in one day with a new rod and both daughters and their mother happened to be sitting near the door. I was greeted by my wife with, "and just what is that?"

I replied that it was a new fly and immediately challenged for how much did it cost?

My response was that it cost about the same as a prom dress but I would sure as he11 use it more than once!

Then I ran for the back of the house .........................
                Smart man. Been there and didn’t get a t-shirt after raising three strong willed girls and marrying them off within five years of each other. I almost bought two rods and reels today. She’d only get mad at me once.

Comment

If you think slipping a new fishing pole by the wife is tough, try doing it with a guitar. The "oh this old thing" line does not work when you are holding a hot new Gibson.
                  Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                  Simple Goat Herder
                  Former NGTO President
                  Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Always and I mean always, only bring in new rods when you are returning from a fishing trip. Just act like you have always had it and put it away.

You can play with it when she goes to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                      If you think slipping a new fishing pole by the wife is tough, try doing it with a guitar. The "oh this old thing" line does not work when you are holding a hot new Gibson.
                      Oh so right on this Buck!
                      I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Great Plan!

Pure genius!

" I almost bought two rods and reels today. She’d only get mad at me once. "

Comment

Working...
                        X