This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes Creek Fishing Shut Down For The Summer

Just called to make a reservation at Dukes and was told they are shutting the fishing down until Oct. 1. Since I had not seen an announcement anywhere on this, thought I'd pass it along.

I believe this was mentioned in another thread that last wednesday was their last open day. I could be wrong though. Glad though, hopefully it should keep the fish in decent health.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

They're just stocked fish any how.
      Why not just let people take them.
      They eat pellets, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
        They're just stocked fish any how.
        Why not just let people take them.
        They eat pellets, right?

This isn't a DH. They will survive the Summer. As long as people aren't stressing them catching them through the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by groundpounder View Post
          This isn't a DH. They will survive the Summer. As long as people aren't stressing them catching them through the Summer.

Yeah I know, but why not let them "survive " on their own, they'll be fed through summer, right?

The true trophies that make it and adapt to stream life, now that's a catch of a lifetime, because for as little as I know I bet that would be one smart trout, tough to trick.

Comment

Yeah I know, but why not let them "survive " on their own, they'll be fed through summer, right?

The true trophies that make it and adapt to stream life, now that's a catch of a lifetime, because for as little as I know I bet that would be one smart trout, tough to trick.

Because you would most likely kill everything you catch. Can we not keep one catch and release only stream in Ga?

Comment

Because you would most likely kill everything you catch. Can we not keep one catch and release only stream in Ga?
              Noontootla is also a defacto c&r stream

Good for the DNR doing right by the resource

Comment

Originally posted by trout1980 View Post
                Noontootla is also a defacto c&r stream

Good for the DNR doing right by the resource
                Defalso! Only if less than 16 inches. So there is the possibility to keep trout from Noontootla.

Comment

I think a C and R stream would be great, I just think it's wasted on stupid pellet pigs. Why not do c and R on hooch tailwater, or a few headwaters streams. You know a real resource not a man made ecosystem

Comment

I think a C and R stream would be great, I just think it's wasted on stupid pellet pigs. Why not do c and R on hooch tailwater, or a few headwaters streams. You know a real resource not a man made ecosystem

And I know the hooch tailwater technically man made, maybe all streams that way but I think you get my drift

Comment

Let em have it, Steve. Keeps everyone off the streams you and I like to fish.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post

10-4 buck

Comment

Hahaha I actually agree with this. What is the point of saving the lives of those corn dogs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                            Youd be surprised at where all I fish.
                            But I will say Dukes is a special place. Are they pellet fed pigs? Yes. But its the closest thing you can get to private trophy waters(yes those are mostly pellet fed pigs too) for the cost of just your fishing license. Its fun to hit every now and then. For me these days thats just about once a year. Blue lines a couple times a year. To each their own.

Comment

You’d be surprised at where all I fish.
                              But I will say Dukes is a special place. Are they pellet fed pigs? Yes. But it’s the closest thing you can get to private trophy waters(yes those are mostly pellet fed pigs too) for the cost of just your fishing license. It’s fun to hit every now and then. For me these days that’s just about once a year. Blue lines a couple times a year. To each their own.
                              I just hate to see state regulatory agencies making the sort of management decisions to protect a stocktard fishery that they would never make to protect a wild trout fishery. I do not like the idea of the government managing for the sake of the instagram sluts that pound the pay pigs. It sends the wrong message and protects the wrong fish.
                              Last edited by Dylar; 06-02-18, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X