Eleuthera Bahamas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleuthera Bahamas

Anyone have any experience fishing Eleuthera Bahamas?

Have an opportunity to chase some bone fish there this February.

Looking for any intel.
    Last edited by baldea; 09-05-18, 02:31 PM.
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Anyone with any experience?
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

I think everyone is silent with envy baldea

Comment

Watch out for the sharks

Comment

Jogged my memory about an old post from John Poole. I think he ended up buying a place there.

I'm not sure where the politics of DIY fishning ended up a couple years back but at one point the Bahamas was proposing no DIY fishing without a native-born guide. You'll need to research that. Or hire a guide.

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...eferrerid=7292
          If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
            Jogged my memory about an old post from John Poole. I think he ended up buying a place there.

I'm not sure where the politics of DIY fishning ended up a couple years back but at one point the Bahamas was proposing no DIY fishing without a native-born guide. You'll need to research that. Or hire a guide.

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...eferrerid=7292
            Good luck getting a straight answer on that from any Bahamian official source website or in person. They simply don't know either given the way the regs were rolled out then suspended.

http://m.tribune242.com/news/2018/ap...mplates=mobile

Bad advice: they don't have anybody to ensure the regulations anyways, just be a good steward and no one will complain. Still worth hiring a guide for at least one day.
            -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Here is what the new law states:

Guests traveling to fishing lodges, resorts, or guest houses (a majority of anglers fall into this category) will not be affected by the new regulations. If you hire a guide or go out wade fishing on your own, new laws will not affect you at all. Anglers may fish freely on foot, from a kayak, utilizing a stand-up paddle board (SUP), by canoe, or by car. Unlike the original proposals, which prohibited most DIY fishing except in certain “zones”, the final regulations don’t suggest any consequences for DIY fishing anywhere. Yellow Dog is grateful to everyone who spoke up to the Bahamian Government on that particular issue during the early draft processes.

I would suggest you give the guys @ Yellow Dog Fly Fishing a call and they can possibly help with your Eleuthera trip. Bring an assortment of flies in tan and pink/tan. Bring flies that are dressed with weighted dumbbell eyes as well as bead chain eyes for shallower water. I'd have gotcha's, bonefish scampi's, spawning shrimp and a few small crab flies. You do not need tons of patterns but variation in weight, size and color. I could go with gotchas and scampi's and catch all the bonefish I want...

Comment

Originally posted by henryc View Post
                I could go with gotchas and scampi's and catch all the bonefish I want...
                Yeah, but you only want one, then you're all tired out

FM
                The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Hi Baldea,

We fished and stayed there with John Pool a few years ago and the fishing was spectacular. You could simply drive to the flats get out and start wading until you saw the bonefish. The cudas sometimes would follow the schools so you have to be careful when you hookup! Contact John he can give you some great intel. It's a great do it yourself trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X