Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where you at, Counslrman?

Mr. Jimmy,

Guess which Cracker Barrel we eat at this morning? You wasn’t even there!

We’re at the beach now! Making the kids watch Jaws during the heat of the day before we go outside.
    Last edited by buckman1; 09-20-18, 02:46 PM.

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post

We’re at the beach now! Making the kids watch Jaws during the heat of the day before we go outside.
    That's some darn good parenting right there!
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
      That's some darn good parenting right there!
      I have my moments.

Of course you’d know there’d be some red tide thing happening on the week we come down, wouldn’t have it any other way...

Comment

Buckman, are you at PCB? I'm headed that way in a couple of weeks
        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
          Buckman, are you at PCB? I'm headed that way in a couple of weeks
          Yeah. Making the annual trip per my wife (notice the timing is just before good hunting. Coincidence? I think not!)

Comment

...I posted about the red tide the day we came back, 9-11...

...nobody down there would talk about it...it was like in Jaws... "...we don't have a shark problem on Amity Island..."

...understandably, locals don't spread the word much b/c it shuts down all the tourist / beach-goers...

...we started seeing local tv news reports on it the day we left...we were in Mexico Beach about 50-60 miles East of PC...

...keep your kids and family safe, buckman...!

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
              ...I posted about the red tide the day we came back, 9-11...

...nobody down there would talk about it...it was like in Jaws... "...we don't have a shark problem on Amity Island..."

...understandably, locals don't spread the word much b/c it shuts down all the tourist / beach-goers...

...we started seeing local tv news reports on it the day we left...we were in Mexico Beach about 50-60 miles East of PC...

...keep your kids and family safe, buckman...!

Blessings!

Jimmy
              10-4. That Cracker Barrel was in Columbus, just thought I’d throw a shout out to you. The ocean is slightly stained, but plenty of folks swimming in it. I’ll opt for the pool though, let the kids play, and good eats at night. Then, back to hunting.

Comment

...Joey,
                If that's the Cracker Barrel on Bradley Park Drive, I've been there...

...Ya'll be Safe at the beach and on the way home...there's nuts on the highway...

...ask your kids why there are donkeys and burros in the fields you see off the road...I did and the answer is interesting...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

The red tide doesn’t seem so bad today. If you look real hard you can tell just a slight tint to the color.

Comment

Excellent Planning!

" ... notice the timing is just before good hunting. Coincidence? I think not!) ...."

Excellent planning! Build up extra points on your kitchen pass and not bad timing on the expected arrival either. The only way to top this is to every couple of months, bring home flowers for her. That way they never know if you have been up to something!

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                      If you look real hard you can tell just a slight tint to the color.
                      All I see is a hot caboose!
                      Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                      Simple Goat Herder
                      Former NGTO President
                      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

...Joey,

...what's the beach like...?

...sis-in-law has a place rented...too late for refund / cancellation...

...are they catching and eating fish...?

...anybody got respiratory issues from the algae spores...?

...hoping all is well with ya'll...!

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
                          ...what's the beach like...?

...are they catching and eating fish...?

...anybody got respiratory issues from the algae ?

Jimmy

Counclrman,

I was on St. Joseph Peninsula last Thursday. I peddled Drifter’s sand bike from the campground mid-island 8+ miles all the way to the northern tip along the beach and the red tide had created a tremendous fish kill the entire length. I breathed it for about 6 hours with no ill effects and even got in the water to cool off. Mostly croaker and whiting that I saw with pogie in places. Folks were swimming at the beach at the campground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Working...
                          X