First Trout On Fly Rod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Trout On Fly Rod

I woke up at 5AM to go to the Tallulah river to attempt to catch my first trout. I arrived at about 7:30. I found a deep hole with a large rock directly in front of it. I was using a hopper as a strike indicator with a y2k as a dropper. I cast upstream. As the fly approached the deep hole the hopper went under. I set the hook and a the fight was on. I got the trout in. It was about 15-16 inches. I got the fly out and attempted to pick him up to take a picture. He slipped out of my hands and in the water he went.

I tried a few times again there and no other bites. I found another hole and used the y2k with a strike indicator bobber this time with a y2k again. Cast near a upstream and the bobber went under. I caught another rainbow and was able to get him in the net and get a picture this time.

I tried a few more nymphs and a few dry flies. Got a bite on a Adams but missed him.

Enjoyed some nice views while I was not catching any trout.

[IMG]http://forum.gon.com/attachments/rps20180922_200705-
    jpg.943788/[/IMG]

I also visited Coleman Creek but didn't catch anything. Did loose a few flies in the tree limbs though.

On the way back home, I stopped by wildcat creek.

I got a nice rainbow under this bridge.

I had a great time. Can't wait to try a new stream to catch a brown or brook. Now I know why people buy a lot of flies. Lost 8 that trip.

It is a magical tug isn't it! That never goes away... Congratulations

Comment

Vert true

Can you tell if these are wild or stocked rainbows?

Comment

For basically me, it's in the eye of the beholder. However it sometimes can be obvious, but always arguable if that helps. Lol. I had a problem with your image linking. I am sure someone can help by being a little more objective, fins, coloration, energy, location, ad nauseum

Comment

Working...
        X