Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Jimmy,

Do you mind telling us whether you support it?
    Yes, I very much support it and have been encouraging others to at least educate themselves on it so they can make a good decision. Another message board did have a poster insinuate I was "ignorant" if I supported it.
    Jimmy Harris
    Unicoi Liars Club
    Unicoi Outfitters Online Store

Comment

I received this from Mike Worley, President of the Georgia Wildlife Federation:

· The Trustees that will be setting the priorities and policies for the use of these funds will be the Commissioner of DNR, the DOT Commissioner, Forestry Commission Director, Director of EPD, ex-officio members, Wildlife Resources Director, Coastal Resources Division Director, State Parks Director. Four Citizen members must come from the following categories; forestry, conservation, hunting, fishing, and local government. It seems stacked in favor of the outdoor/sporting community. The Department of Natural Resources Board has to approve and members of the General Assembly must approve the plan. These may well be the most scrutinized expenditures made within state government.

· Funding is based on sales tax from sporting goods stores, not the sale of hunting and fishing equipment. It begins to broaden the investment in public lands from hunting and anglers to all that enjoy outdoor recreation.

· Sure, there will be some money spent on trails and parks. The expenditures must be of regional significance and must come with matching funds from the local government. I’m a hunter and angler and I believe it is good for kids and families to have an opportunity to get outside. The reality is that hunters and anglers are minority in the state, we need to have the non-hunting public support this initiative as well as the sporting community.

· New money will help secure new public lands, and new public hunting lands will be a major component/recipient of the funding.

· The purpose of a Constitutional Amendment, in this case, is to restrict the ability of “politics” to appropriate the funding. The funding will be constitutionally required to be spent were WE as citizens say it must be spent.
      Jimmy Harris
      Unicoi Liars Club

Comment

Jus a bump to keep this in folks' minds.

Comment

Bumped once more on the eve of elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
            Yes, I very much support it and have been encouraging others to at least educate themselves on it so they can make a good decision. Another message board did have a poster insinuate I was "ignorant" if I supported it.
            Yeah, Jimmy. Those boys over there didn’t take too kindly to your suggestion. I got a good chuckle out of it. I’ve been trying to get folks I know to be sure they support it. Appreciate your efforts.

Comment

We appreciate you on this board, Jimmy, as do almost all on that other board.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbait View Post
                We appreciate you on this board, Jimmy, as do almost all on that other board.
                Link?
                -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Georgia Outdoor Stewardship Act

It passed. Pretty strongly too at 82%

https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_Amen...endment_(2018)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  "What's his offense?"
                  "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                  ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
                    I just read through that thread Jimmy. The ignorance is simply appalling on that forum and it’s by choice that’s the worst part. Change and lack of education about it are two things that stuck out the most to me. Which goes back to the need to educate folks about conservation as the views over there are not aligned with most of the rest of the world’s views. Thanks for sticking your neck out there sir.
                    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                    -PH

Comment

Ha! Thanks, guys. I'm glad the amendment passed. At this point in my life, I just call em as I see em. I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone but I do hope we can have a discussion. Thanks to NGTO and all the members for helping with awareness.
                      Jimmy Harris
                      Unicoi Liars Club

Comment

Working...
                      X