First Caylor Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Caylor Order

On Tuesday afternoon, I made an order with Caylor Custom Flies. the transaction went through without a hitch, and within minutes I had an order confirmation in my e-mail.

Wednesday morning - another e-mail. My flies had shipped. Plain old first class postage from NC, and I just pulled them out of the mailbox.

The flies came double packaged - two small boxes inside a larger one. One box contained my 3 #14 Olive Scuds and 3 #16 Lightning Bugs. Close inspection with a magnifying glass makes me believe they are very well tied and should hold up well.

The second box contained my 6 # 16 Pheasant Tails. (Yes, Dredger, I loaded up on some for next time.) Again, these are really good looking flies. (An important point for me is that there is no glue in the eyes - something that drives me crazy with factory flies.)

Also in the second box were two flies which I did NOT order. They appear to be two #16 Helgramites, and I really like the look of these two flies. I've tried to take a picture, but my only camera is just not made for closeups of tiny objects.

This was a pleasant surprise, and i look forward to trying them out. To top it off, the order summary contained a handwritten not thanking me for the order and signed by Rodger, which was a nice touch.
    "To be is to do." - Aristotle
    "To do is to be." - Niche
    "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

That's good to know. In looking over his site there seems to be a nice selection of flies at very reasonable prices.
    tracy

"Everyone ought to believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

Comment

Oops...an amendment here. While putting them in the box, I noticed that the Scuds were also size 16 - the same hook as the Pheasant Tails - and I had ordered size 14 for the scuds, which is what it says on the order slip. Oh well. I can't be too mad about a one size error - especially considering the very good price and the two extras to try out. I'll be ordering again. Glad they became a sponsor.
      "To be is to do." - Aristotle
      "To do is to be." - Niche
      "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

Great company with good service and great flies. They are very good quality and service was great.

Comment

Working...
        X