Cohutta has Glow in the Dark Kayak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
    Nice boat Sammy, congrats! It has been awhile since I had my BG Prowler out on the water; let's plan a Settles to Hwy 20 paddle soon!

Sounds good Buck.

Groundpounder, Wet Fly and I may check part of that stretch out this Friday if I can work up time and nerve to drill some holes.

The stretch Groundpounder took me on a couple weeks ago, is pretty productive even with the stain in the water.
    Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
    sigpic

Comment

Sam,nice boat.If you ever want to take it to my buddy's lake
      just let me know.

dink
      Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
      believe that the river is empty.
      Henry Van Dyke

Comment

Originally posted by dink View Post
        Sam,nice boat.If you ever want to take it to my buddy's lake
        just let me know.

dink
        Awesome, Thanks for the offer Dink. May have to touch base with you come spring time when those warm water guys are getting frisky.
        Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
        sigpic

Comment

Sam, It was great meeting you the other day. Looks like your ride is about ready to prowl the Hooch with that sweet new 10 footer on board! I'm thinking there may be some sore lipped trout in your near future. We appreciate your business and be sure to let us know when you want us to get that Big Tuna by the front door for easy loading on your next visit!

Garner
          A little too much is just enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by SlowStreamer View Post
            Sounds good Buck.

Groundpounder, Wet Fly and I may check part of that stretch out this Friday if I can work up time and nerve to drill some holes.

The stretch Groundpounder took me on a couple weeks ago, is pretty productive even with the stain in the water.
            It was hard for me to break down and drill when i first got mine too. Drill above the water line and use some sort of sealant on the screws. Silicone will work but i generally use 3M 5200 sealant. Rivets are also another good option for places that you cannot get to easily to tighten down nuts.
            By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldnít read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Readerís own fault and I donít want to hear about it.
            sigpic

Comment

G/flex epoxy works well too. However I seldom add anything to the hull, simple is better. My rod holders are mounted to my crate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakal03 View Post
                It was hard for me to break down and drill when i first got mine too. Drill above the water line and use some sort of sealant on the screws. Silicone will work but i generally use 3M 5200 sealant. Rivets are also another good option for places that you cannot get to easily to tighten down nuts.

Thanks for the tip on the sealant and rivet Jakal03. I plan to take it out on it's maiden voyage tomorrow. I worked in Macon all day today and got home around 6pm. Had the boys help me get the Cuda out so I could mount the cleat and pad eye. Was going to use silicone but could not find the darn tube I bought yesterday. Getting the cleat installed where I wanted was interesting. Was hoping my oldest had long enough arms to reach both the bolts. Nope, got one nice and tight. I drilled the holes slightly smaller for a snugger fit cause I could not find sealant. So, front screw is in and the cleat is real tight no play, but will have to work on that one later. It took longer to get son unstuck

Originally posted by Sasquatch87 View Post
                Sam, It was great meeting you the other day. Looks like your ride is about ready to prowl the Hooch with that sweet new 10 footer on board! I'm thinking there may be some sore lipped trout in your near future. We appreciate your business and be sure to let us know when you want us to get that Big Tuna by the front door for easy loading on your next visit!

Garner
                Funny you should mention the 10 footer Garner. It was waiting for me in my desk chair when I got home today . So tomorrow I will be getting the Cuda and the BVK wet. I was not expecting it to show up till 1st of next week. You did say TFO ships quick. Really appreciate you getting it ordered right away.

Now, stop talking about the Tuna. I mentioned it to my wife and she laughed and said "You haven't even been out in the one you just got". She won't be able to say that after tomorrow

Originally posted by Bfish View Post
                G/flex epoxy works well too. However I seldom add anything to the hull, simple is better. My rod holders are mounted to my crate.
                I agree and I wish I did not have too, but having seen what you could do with a good /easily accessible and manageable anchor setup to control your drift through active runs is inspiring.

I originally purchased a Harken 150 cleat with X-Treme angle flare guard. Once I put it next to Cuda I saw it just stuck out too far. then realized that had a micro version of that cleat, but I was amazed West Marine with all the Stainless screws they have, did not have one that was long enough for the micro, or maybe it was but I did not know thick the hull was where I wanted to place it. So they suggest another popular cleat by SpinLock.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X