• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy really gets around

sigpic
    ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
    - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

I say blast his a on site!!!

We lost a cat a few years back to a neighborhood yote. Don't tell the wife, but it didn't really hurt my feelings, I'm a dog guy

They are getting pushed farther and farther away from the woods and into metro areas. We've had a bad yote problem here in Acworth/Woodstock for a few years now. They seem to be real opportunistic feeders, and neighborhoods offer the perfect fast food takeout. Small dogs, cats, rabbits and just about anything else make a quick and easy meal for a yote. The more they get around people, the more brazen they get.

My wife had one run out from the woods while she was at the bus stop picking up my son. She said it ran within 30' of her an my 4 year old little girl. This was at 2:30pm.

http://www.desertusa.com/june96/du_cycot.html

The things hump like rabbits and are just about as bad as wild hogs.... My local Sheriff said shoot on site....we actually, his exact words were...."take em out"
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Georgia...?feature=watch

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

sigpic

Comment

yotes in area

Originally posted by Big Browns View Post
        I say blast his a on site!!!

We lost a cat a few years back to a neighborhood yote. Don't tell the wife, but it didn't really hurt my feelings, I'm a dog guy
        I have had similiar experiences in my neighborhood. There is a huge pasture and wooded area behind my house that has been home to a pack of yotes for a couple of years. They howl like crazy everytime they hear a siren. I've seen 'em walk right past my backyard fence looking toward my house. Don't seem to be afraid of me or anything. Never let my dog out anymore alone at night. But... before the yotes we hardly ever had a bird nest were the birds made it out-of-the-nest. We had a serious feral cat problem (talk about critters that reproduce !!). The yotes have made a dent in that population. Last spring, I saw some young mockingbirds actual survive to flight status! First time in years. The city put-out some traps and such, but after they caught one or two, the other yotes figured it out.. They adapt very well. It appears they can survive on just about anything anywhere. They may soon (or already be) like the wild hog problems we have been hearing about.
        raptor

Comment

one last thing

I looked a little further into this, and your right the majority of the yotes need to go, they don't belong, funny thing is seems the only way that will happen is to re-introduce the Red Wolf of course not likely to happen or even possible. He is the one that belongs in this eco-system to bring back the balance and drive away Coyotes. Their real shy and will not harm mankind never a recorded incident. Cattle, sheep different story, I doubt he'll help w/the feral cats either, doubt you'd see him in town, so urban yotes are probably here to stay.
          There is not much chance that guy in the photo forum is a RW, although there is a possibility of a yote/RW mix running around out there as well as any other yote/dog mix.
          There are approx. 100 RW in NC 70 of those animals are wearing transmitting collars, so 30 + or - are without. These animal should be important to protect IMO
          " Is it ignorance or is it apathy?
          Hey man I don't know and I don't care" Jimmy Buffet

Comment

Well, after doing a bit more research myself, I am starting to think that this paticular Fern Valley Yote is responsible for all sorts of bad things. We already have evidence that he caused the Hindenberg to blow up, now these new photos have shown up indicating he truly is a world class trouble maker:

Iceberg my tail; it was the Yote that caused the Titanic to sink:

And everyone blames Mike Tyson for biting off Evander Holyfield's ear; look again!

And I am betting that the Wright Brothers first flight would have gone much further had this guy not been playing around:

And you think that Cobra's were all you had to worry about up at the dam?

And I bet Sir Paul wishes he had worn shoes now!
            Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
            Simple Goat Herder
            Former NGTO President
            Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I can't believe it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWo__Gesk94"]YouTube - Blazing Saddles What in the wide world of sports[/ame]
              sigpic
              ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
              - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

KILL'EM and quick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wtbfishin View Post
                  Mr HF .... The YS wolf count is in decline at this point in time.
                  Either way I'm done w/this thread giviing you the last word if you like .

That is one of the prettiest Coyoties I've ever seen GB your right.
                  Oh and who is ND calling a city slicker cause it ain't me
                  Hogwash. Look at the recent stats, population studies, not observations made within a few years of introduction. The YS wolf count maybe actually in decline because the population is exceeding the carrying capacity (K) for the species. Hence, they are moving out of the park expanding their range and population.

Didn't know NGTO changed it's name to PETA. Maybe we ought to have a thread questioning if fish have feelings?

Comment

Hog Wash? That was all current info,
                    I'm dead against Peta HF, and I myself have shot and killed plenty of stuff over the years, although at this point in my life I gave up killin animals nobody in my house hold will eat wild game,and I just hate to see anything take it's last breath.
                    Is it time to check on Pebble?

Comment

Undeniable Truths

1. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west
                      2. Bad decisions make good stories.
                      3. Your AC will break down in the hottest day of the year
                      4. Those last two hotdogs will be eaten between slices of regular bread
                      5. You will never.... I mean never..... have the last word with Huntfish!

Buck Henry
                      Simple Goat Herder
                      Former NGTO President
                      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

My goodness, here he goes again! More shots of the Fern Valley Yote making his mark across the globe:

Just noticed that he showed up at the Spring Fling drag free drift seminar (Probably looking for a free fish dinner)

Here is a shot of my submarine about to dive; look closely and you will see our friendly yote attempting to get below deck without being seen:

Whoops, looks like he did not make it in before the submarine went down. Thank god for those Marine Corp flyboys!

Not really sure what he is trying to do here?

And wreaking havoc across the globe is very exhausting; even a lonely Yote needs a vacation every now and then:

Buck Henry
                        Simple Goat Herder
                        Former NGTO President
                        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Salazar Press Conference 3/22/2011

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...cc4c03286.html

CHEYENNE, Wyo. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said Tuesday that he's "more optimistic" than ever that Wyoming and federal officials can reach an agreement to remove wolves in the state from the federal endangered-species list.

Gov. Matt Mead, who discussed the issue with Salazar behind closed doors Tuesday, said there's "a sense of urgency" to strike a deal before a Montana judge approves a settlement that would lift protections for wolves in Montana and Idaho and allow hunting.

Since being reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park in 1995, wolf populations in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana have grown to about 1,700. Wyoming had about 320 wolves at the end of 2009, with 224 of those outside the park.

Federal wildlife officials have said they want to give control over wolves back to individual states, but disputes over what the states' management plans should look like have resulted in lengthy court battles.
                          In November, a federal judge in Wyoming ruled that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service wasn't justified in rejecting Wyoming's wolf management plan, which would allow unregulated killing of the animals over all but the northwest part of the state.
                          Mead's administration, which backs the state's proposed management plan, has been negotiating with Fish and Wildlife officials since late January to hammer out a compromise that both sides can support.
                          Mead and state officials briefed Salazar on the wolf negotiations privately Tuesday. Though Mead and Salazar have talked about the issue before, it was the first time Salazar got to hear at length about where negotiations stand, Mead spokesman Renny MacKay said.
                          No substantial breakthroughs were reached during the meeting, MacKay said, adding that both sides agreed it was worth continuing negotiations.
                          "We're having some very productive dialogue," Salazar said at a media conference before the meeting. "I'm more optimistic today than I frankly have ever been that we can find a resolution."
                          No new talks between Wyoming and Fish and Wildlife officials are yet scheduled, MacKay said. Mead, he said, is talking with "stakeholders" agricultural groups, hunters' organizations, conservation groups and local officials to see what they would be willing to give up in a compromise.
                          Mead, talking with reporters before the meeting, said it was important to reach a deal soon in the wake of a deal reached Friday in a different lawsuit over wolves in Montana.
                          The proposed agreement, between the U.S. Department of the Interior and 10 conservation groups who are plaintiffs in the lawsuit, would temporarily keep wolves on the endangered-species list in four states where they are considered most vulnerable: Wyoming, Oregon, Washington and Utah. Wolves in Idaho and Montana would be put under state control.
                          It also calls for the Fish and Wildlife to set up a scientific panel to re-examine wolf recovery goals calling for a minimum 300 wolves in the region a population size wildlife advocates criticized as inadequate.
                          The proposed agreement must now be approved by U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy in Missoula. That could be difficult, as four other conservation groups who filed the lawsuit didn't agree to the settlement.
                          But Mead said that if those complications are resolved before Wyoming reaches an agreement of its own with the feds, the state would be pushed to accept a deal that would keep its wolves under federal protection for the near future.
                          "If Judge Molloy accepts it and they figure out how to deal with those four plaintiffs, I suspect Idaho and Montana will be putting some amount of pressure on Wyoming to say, 'Hey, get on board,'" Mead said.

Comment

Give a man a camera and he can take pictures.

Give a man Photoshop and he can screw up pictures until the coyotes come home.
                            "What's his offense?"
                            "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                            ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                              1. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west
                              2. Bad decisions make good stories.
                              3. Your AC will break down in the hottest day of the year
                              4. Those last two hotdogs will be eaten between slices of regular bread
                              5. You will never.... I mean never..... have the last word with Huntfish!
                              Notice you deleted my post about fish too....

Comment

Originally posted by huntfish View Post
                                Notice you deleted my post about fish too....
                                ???? I did not delete anything?

Buck Henry
                                Simple Goat Herder
                                Former NGTO President
                                Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Working...
                                X