Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy an Oyster Bamboo from Buck!

Hey all

I will be filling in from time to time at Bill Oyster's bamboo rod shop and will be working this Saturday. So come on up and let me sell you a genuine Oyster bamboo fly rod or sign you up for one of his rod making classes. Seriously man, I need this job!

If you are up in Blue Ridge this coming Saturday, come on in to the shop and say howdy!
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

You freaked me out, Buck! My first thought was, "Why on earth would he ever sell his Oyster?????
    "To be is to do." - Aristotle
    "To do is to be." - Niche
    "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

Are you going to be up there working during the week? I will be up that way Monday through Thursday.
      Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

Originally posted by scallen2112 View Post
        You freaked me out, Buck! My first thought was, "Why on earth would he ever sell his Oyster?????
        Nope, not selling my Oyster! BTW, it is the only bamboo rod I own that my wife actually knows how much it costs as she paid for it!

Originally posted by FlickNdip View Post
        Are you going to be up there working during the week? I will be up that way Monday through Thursday.
        Nope, will just be filling in on the weekends on occasion when they need help. But be sure to stop by while you are there and say hey to Bill, Shannen, and Riley, they would love to see you!
        Last edited by Buck Henry; 09-24-14, 08:00 PM.

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Funny you say that Buck. Now I know where you are going to be and I'll come over there and try to beat you up.

I used to pick up the$20 rods and reels at Walmart when my former wife was around and ooo and awe at them. I had a crazy fund and could bring home Abel, Sage, Tibor and Loomis Stuff. She never knew. She thought every fishing rod cost $20

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post
            Funny you say that Buck. Now I know where you are going to be and I'll come over there and try to beat you up.

I used to pick up the$20 rods and reels at Walmart when my former wife was around and ooo and awe at them. I had a crazy fund and could bring home Abel, Sage, Tibor and Loomis Stuff. She never knew. She thought every fishing rod cost $20
            Dang good idea
            "Fly Fishing Is Not A Team Sport"----Tom McGuane

The fisherman now is one who defies society, who rips lips, who drains the pool, who takes no prisoners, who is not to be confused with the sissy with the creel and bamboo rod. Granted, he releases what he catches, but in some cases, he strips the quarry of its perilous soul before tossing it back in the water. What was once a trout – cold, hard, spotted and beautiful – becomes “number seven.”
            Tom McGuane

Comment

Mr. Remoh, now don't you feel ashamed having been so deceitful?

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post
                my new hero!
                "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Comment

If you have a crazy fund go visit Buck in Blue Ridge. Tell your significant other you couldn't afford a glass rod and you had to settle for a Boo Rod. I'm sure Buck can write you a receipt for $20

Comment

Hey gang,

I will be working at Bill's rod shop again tomorrow. Come on in and say hello if you are in Blue Ridge! We got some nice new Oyster Bamboo t-shirts that are all the rage in Paris right now.

Buck

Buck Henry
                    Simple Goat Herder
                    Former NGTO President
                    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Working...
                    X