The Curse of Fish Hawk!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Curse of Fish Hawk!

So I love this shop!! I just walked in today to get some hooks and beads for the flies I am donating to our NGTO event and I walked out with about $100.00 worth of supplies. Does anybody else share this curse? Oh well, I guess it is money well spent!

I work about 3 minutes away from the FH, and suffer from the same addiction. I alternate between the Buckhead Orvis store and FishHawk....both a good way to spend a lunch hour (and $).

Comment

Originally posted by keongto View Post
      I work about 3 minutes away from the FH, and suffer from the same addiction. I alternate between the Buckhead Orvis store and FishHawk....both a good way to spend a lunch hour (and $).
      That's a dangerous combination, I once walked into the orvis shop to purchase a few black chwb and walked out with that and a 9ft 5wt Hydros and Reel. Shannon sold me on the free reel. I tried to get free line but he just laughed. That one really hurt the ole wallet. Maybe it is just the curse of fly shops in general!

Comment

You think that little shopping excursion was painful, try walking into Chuck's Firearms next door!
        Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I know the feeling. I stopped by a shop yesterday to get what I told my wife was $10 worth of tying material and ended up spending $35. By the way, all of that stuff was small enough to fit in one hand.

Comment

Try walking into a strip club for the free lunch/dinner buffet.
            I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
              wait....i've done that.
              By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldnít read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Readerís own fault and I donít want to hear about it.
              sigpic

Comment

I have NEVER dropped less that 100 in there and most times it is closer to 1000. I hate that store....
                I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton

Comment

Same deal with TU Banquets and other Events. I had to seek counseling.

Comment

Yep

I unfortunately/fortunately live about 1 mile from the Orvis, and about 2 from the Fish Hawk. Couple that with both being on the way home from work, and you have a recipe for disaster. I have been in FH twice this week for "just a few things", and walked away with the same result. At least you're not alone.
                    Col. Forbin

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
                      Who goes to a "free" buffet carrying 500 bucks in all 20's and 1's
                      "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!" - author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                        You think that little shopping excursion was painful, try walking into Chuck's Firearms next door!
                        Never bought anything in there but I know what you mean. The one time I went in there I saw nothing but Kimber pistols and Beretta Black Onyx OH Shotguns and the like. You go in there plannin to spend money you will be spendin alot of it.
                        "There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." - Theodore Roosevelt

"That old whisky drinking, bluegrass listening, Carhartt wearing, all night roaming rambler he'll always be." Yonder Mountain String Band

Official GATOR HATER

Comment

Dude there's two Fly Shop over buy me hear.You think trout fishing is bad try salt water fly fishing.Last week I spent 640.00 on a new reel and this week I spent 160.00 on stuff to tye salt water flies.next week I'm getting a new 9 0r 10 wt stickIve got a ton of money on trout rods and now I'm getting geared up for the salt
                          DILLIGAF

Comment

Hey Tommy- you need a job in the Middle East. Ain't no fishin' in the sand.
                            sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                            "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

The Fish Hawk sure is one heck of a store. It is almost impossible to escape the "lure" if you catch my "drift". I have gone in there several times strictly to shoot the breeze and catch up with some of the guys, and walked out with a wallet that is $50 bucks lighter.
                              :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::
                              sigpic
                              ::::::::::::::::::Check Out The RJF Blog::::::::::::::::::

Comment

Working...
                              X