Fishing at Nachoochee Bend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing at Nachoochee Bend

Trout8MyFly had accumulated 3 half day fishing certificates from past Flings. We had tried to use them last year and got either rained out, iced out or snowed out every time we scheduled. This time we got it right. Along with Bonedog we fished the AM session on Memorial day. Jake told us the water to hit and we did. I threw a streamer in a deep pool and hooked up with an acrobatic 19 inch rainbow. Missed a couple other nice ones. Bonedog caught a 9 inches and Trout8MyFly missed a couple. We moved to another section and had no luck. But at the end we tried the hole behind Nora Mill and had a blast! All of us hooked up and landed some big fish. Trout8MyFly landed a beautiful 18-19 inch brown. I landed a rainbow that took me 7 minutes to land. And that was not horsing him - he was that big! Not sure what Bonedog did because of the catch rate!

If you get a chance, book time on the Bend. You will not be disappointed! I got my big fish fix in just before the summer.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
    Those sure are puurrtty stars

It was a bunch of fun, even if just playing in the pool. Glad we finally got a chance to fish! I was starting to think I'd have to leave those certificates in my will.

"What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Fishing at Nachoochee Bend

Congratulations George! I recall being overwhelmed with pride and excitement when I caught my first trout many years ago!

Well played sir.
      The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
        Congratulations George! I recall being overwhelmed with pride and excitement when I caught my first trout many years ago!

Well played sir.
        Too funny - I just have a hard time believing BKar ma was there as people caught fish and nothing was broken....
        RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Harrumph.

I HAVE caught trout before, just rarely with BKarMa!

😄
          "What's his offense?"
          "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
          ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Working...
          X