Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ga to allow Carrying a firearm without a permit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyC View Post
    And just how would you make that determination in the dark with two dozen people within spitting distance of you yelling, praying, vomiting, and peeing their pants all at the same time?
    I think its called bravery.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ole Man View Post
      Apparently the citizens of Colorado are preparing for a rerun--news says gun sales are up 41% in Co since the shooting.
      too bad they won't legally be allowed to carry in that theater...

Comment

I think we can all agree that it would be extremely difficult or next to impossible to put down an armored shooter in a panicked and dark theater. BUT, I'm sure any permitted, carrying, individual like myself would much rather have their firearm with them just in case there is an off chance that you could react and at least distract the lunatic.

A chance is better than no chance at all.

But yea, good thing most theaters are no gun zones! That always works out!

Comment

Originally posted by true. View Post
          But yea, good thing most theaters are no gun zones! That always works out!
          Same could be said about schools, restaurants, military bases, churches....

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
            I disagree. Any gun fire from a would-be hero in that theater would have been a major distraction to the bad guy. He would no longer have the luxury of shooting folks indiscriminately if someone was returning fire directed at him. I am convinced that this would have a strong potential to save lives.
            I agree 100%. This idiot was no bad a$$, he was a coward. That's why he picked a bunch of unarmed victims. I think the first time he realized he was being shot at he would have peed his pants and run for the exit. That's what cowards do. There were however heros there that died being human shields, members of our own military protecting their loved ones. A side arm would have given them a better option.

Comment

What might have happened if the first guy who saw him come in had been wearing a Judge Rage?

Just sayin!

Jimmy

Comment

There was a recent video of a senior citizen in Florida stopping two armed robbers (one with a pistol, the other with a bat). The senior had a firearms license and a concealed pocket pistol. I believe there was another case where an armed citizen shot into the air and sent the criminals running. I'm not so sure you would have to penetrate his body armor to stop the threat. I believe he had a very detailed plan and that anything that altered his plan (ie any form of resistance) would have shut him down. This is , however, purely speculation on my part. Either way I pray for the victims and their families and hope that his days are few and miserable.
                "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

~by Chuck Clark~

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
                  What might have happened if the first guy who saw him come in had been wearing a Judge Rage?

Just sayin!

Jimmy
                  No telling how many potential bad situations have been avoided just by the potential of having a concealed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfish View Post
                    No telling how many potential bad situations have been avoided just by the potential of having a concealed weapon.
                    ^ the biggest reason to allow any kind of carry.

I never carry a gun but the mere fact that i could be is a great deterrent.
                    Wading lunker creek

Comment

reminds me of a song.

http://holyjoe.org/poetry/BillyTheKid.mp3

Comment

HB679 - sleeps with the fishes

FWIW the reason behind this thread in the first place - HB679 - never made it out of committee. No surprise.

ETA: The link in the first post in the thread no longer works.
                        "What's his offense?"
                        "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                        ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Tramatic case in point

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/cr...s?v=1344564648
                          sigpic

I still remember the refrain of one of the most popular barrack ballads of that day which proclaimed most proudly that "old soldiers never die; they just fade away."
                          And like the old soldier of that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the light to see that duty.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                          X