Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by star8 View Post
    Wow!
    Hope you all live on 200 acre plantations and not in crowed subdivisions. When your bullets start crashing through your neighbors homes your neighbors will team up with the burglars and start shooting at you! For sure.
    Typical response.....Now back to regular programing......

Comment

After much research an AR is what I finally decided on.....but not my reason for this post.

I thought this was an interesting test......how lethal is a .22LR?

Who knew?
      [ame]http://youtu.be/OUM1r_444CY[/ame]
      Keith M
      Alpharetta, GA

Comment

Originally posted by huntfish View Post
        Typical response.....Now back to regular programing......
        If you are a door to door vaccum cleaner salesman do not go to huntfish's house.
        He probably has one of those-

"In wall hidden electronically fired(wireless) multiple shells gun" at his front door.

Comment

Hey. . . A Claymore mine! Why ain't I never thunk of that afore! That's the bestest idear yet in this thread!
          If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
            Hey. . . A Claymore mine! Why ain't I never thunk of that afore! That's the bestest idear yet in this thread!
            The trick the VC learned about the Claymore mine was to slip up and turn them around.

As for the .22 it has been the weapon of choice of hitmen for years (Mafia, Mossad, etc.) You may have seen the winner of "Top Shot" a couple of competitions back hit a golf ball with a scoped .22 rifle at 100 yards, 1 shot 1 hit.
            Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by star8 View Post
              If you are a door to door vaccum cleaner salesman do not go to huntfish's house.
              He probably has one of those-

"In wall hidden electronically fired(wireless) multiple shells gun" at his front door.

Nah, Huntfish don't need it.......bad guys can take their chances
              BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
              Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Scattergun + #4 shot or something close will vegematic someone at home intruder range and you shouldn't take out the new TV in the next room or shoot up the neighborhood with errant rounds. Besides, any inexpensive shotgun will suffice while I continue to save for that plantation.
                Last edited by terry creech; 06-23-12, 08:57 PM.
                sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Originally posted by James Buice View Post
                  Practicing with something and being familiar with your weapon plus proper form and muscle memory makes the shooter. For home defense, shotgun with #4 high brass so it has less chance of penetrating walls is my personal choice.

That is a sweet AR
                  Amen to not penetrating walls... I guess we sometimes forget that loved ones are also inside the house with us, and having pistol and rifle rounds flying around everywhere could be a dual edged sword. A remington 870 pump (20 or 12 gauge) with dove loads (low brass) works great. People aren't as resilient as you would think...
                  Matthew 4:19 - Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (20) At once they left their nets and followed him.

There is even greater fishing than fly-fishing... And an even greater reward!

Romans 10:9-10
                  That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutbum120189 View Post
                    People aren't as resilient as you would think...
                    I would have stated "Generally, people aren't as resilient as you'd think."

Never underestimate the power of chemicals. Pull the plug out of the 870.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by Windknot View Post

Don,
                      No need to pull the plug out of the 870.....Just make the first shot count....

Comment

Originally posted by Windknot View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head... Generally, people aren't as resilient as one would think. I'm all for no plug and more ammo!! Unless I'm in a woodie hole and I forgot my running shoes... Then 3 will do just fine!
                        Matthew 4:19 - Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (20) At once they left their nets and followed him.

There is even greater fishing than fly-fishing... And an even greater reward!

Romans 10:9-10
                        That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Comment

Working...
                        X