N.C & S.C gun carry laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.C & S.C gun carry laws

Looks like both states are voting to make gun carry concealed or otherwise, legal without any permit.S.C. Passed the House only need Senate vote
    Catch the energy
    Release the potential

Doesn't the governor have to sign off too, or just leave it alone so the bill enacts automatically?
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Yes.............

Comment

No nonsense approach. If you can legally own a handgun you can carry it however you like except in courthouse.
        Based on our amendment right to bear arms.
        N.C. has an open carry law now.S.C. No carry with out permit except allowed loaded in glove box or console of vehicle.
        Catch the energy
        Release the potential

Comment

Just makes sense
          "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
          ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Brother Bear, does this affect the reciprocal agreement with Ga.? It hasn't been long since S.C. and Ga. reached an agreement to honor the other state's CWP. Just wondering if I'm still safe to carry in SC, do I still need to permit to carry? Is there a reciprocal agreement between Ga and NC?
            BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
            Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

One Bump in Road

There is one bump in this road to carrying around a weapon by anyone and everyone who is legal to purchase one*. True we the "right to bear arms in order to form a well organized militia .." but at least the militias offered some basic training. The various state CCP processes typically required at least a couple hours of training. Now, no training so we will have even more idiots running around with a gun in their pocket and not the first clue how to use it.

* If the purchase process required a certificate of a basic weapons operation & safety class I would feel better. Example, one day at lunch at local high school I was sitting the school resource officer and a teacher who was going to buy a hand gun for self defense in her home. I asked her if she happened to know how many layers of sheet rock a 9mm will penetrate and still carry lethal force? She said no and then asked why should she know that? The officer had to get up and leave the table briefly before he burst out laughing.

Comment

Reciprocal agreements are still in place.
                Catch the energy
                Release the potential

Comment

Johnkies, where do I sign up for the training classes for my 1A freedom of speech rights?
                  Training is a good thing to have, but should not be required.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyway View Post
                    Johnkies, where do I sign up for the training classes for my 1A freedom of speech rights?
                    Training is a good thing to have, but should not be required.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    Pretty sure speech alone won't kill anyone, even if a mad girlfriend/wife would make you think otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
                      Doesn't the governor have to sign off too, or just leave it alone so the bill enacts automatically?
                      Governor says he will sign and is strong supporter.

Comment

In principle, I don't mind mandatory courses for a carry permit (as opposed to simple ownership, home defense, hunting, etc.) but lots of issues there. How long before training is available, who provides it and how much, and can states such as, I don't know, Illinois, NY, or CA use this to slow walk the training schedules or make the cost prohibitive? Don't think mandatory training for CC will work.
                        sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                        "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

No training or class requirements for N.C. /S.C.Currently N.C. allows open carry .
                          Catch the energy
                          Release the potential

Comment

1st Amendment Class

" .... training classes for my 1A freedom of speech rights? ...."

Class is now in session. You can say pretty much anything you care to no matter how offensive but you are not allowed to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater. In other words, Sticks & Stones may break my bones but Words will never hurt me.

Class dismissed.

Comment

Lot of people (not aimed at anyone here, just "people") need some training on what free speech is and is not, and just what is protected.

And...pretty unrelated, but I always liked this Einstein quote:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." And like always, words will start it....
                              sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                              "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Working...
                              X