22 pistol swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 pistol swap

...picked up a 22 LR semi-auto Walther P22...manufactured by Smith & Wesson...only weighs 17 oz...10 shot capacity...we have other pistols, but a guy I know bought this one for his wife, then they got a divorce...only been fired 50 times at a range...

...I had an old Ambassadeur 5000 C bait-casting reel he wanted and I never used it...I have more bait-casters than I use, so he persuaded me to swap...

...it's a neat little gun...

Blessings!

Jimmy

My daughter has that gun . It is a nice piece
    Catch the energy
    Release the potential

Comment

22 pistol swap

Jimmy, you'll enjoy that. I've fired 1000's of rounds thru my Ruger SR22, which is very similar to your Walther, and it's fun to shoot. Like a lot of rimfire semi-auto handguns, your P22 may prefer CCi (MiniMag or Standard Velocity).

Last edited by 3-wt; 09-28-17, 05:32 PM.
      "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

Yeah, run Minis or high velocity Feds (cheaper) or similar, anything around or above 1200 fps. I hate Remington Golden Bullets but they may be just fine through that pistol. Anyway, no FTEs likely if your round is jacked up enough. Had a Walther once and lots of fun. Enjoy!
        sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
        "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

I have the same pistol and it's fun to shoot (need to get a speed loader for the magazines). It's much more fun to shoot than it's PPK cousin; that sucker hurt! Or at least, the 1960s PPK I shot one day caused pain in my hand. It had more kick than you'd think for .380 caliber.
          "What's his offense?"
          "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
          ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

New out of the box we plowed all sorts of ammo some 10 years old with no failure.
            Catch the energy
            Release the potential

Comment

...fired it yesterday afternoon...it was flawless...I was relatively accurate 10-15 yards away from a trashcan lid hanging on a tree stump...I got a buddy in Harris County who shoots skeet and pistols frequently, so I went up to his place...we fired 200 rounds of some Federal ammo (22 LR) that he had...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

All I shoot is Remington golden bullets in my .22's. cabelas has the big bucket on sale for $75 right now. And academy normally has the 525 rounders for under $30. CCI is king but I've never had trouble with the Remington's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X