AR builds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR builds

Sourcing for a new project and I thought I would ask here - any Metro ATL shops have a decent selection of receivers? Bought almost everything online, but do prefer to "buy local" if possible. Seems most locations have one manufacturer they rep, but only one. Thanks
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

84 views and no comment? Got to be some folks on here that like erector sets?
    RScott

Comment

I've done my research, just never pulled the trigger after all these years. To narrow everything down from what I learned, look for deals and sign up for newsletters and that is the best way to get the most bang for your buck. You'd be surprised at how cheap you can build a decent AR if you got some time to nit pick deals.... also the amount of emails you get haha.

Comment

Oh I get the emails, and you can save a lot of money or spend a lot of money depending on what your goal is, I just like to go look in person and the shops in my area don't have a big inventory.

PS - PULL that trigger so you can pull the trigger....
        RScott

Comment

Check TruPrep off of Cobb Parkway in Marietta. I don't own an AR or know a lot about building them, but I've got a buddy trying to push me into a build. He says TruPrep has great prices on decent lowers.

Comment

Tue Prep is suppose to be the best in the Metro ATL, will be heading up there this week. Fly fishing is now my "cheap" hobby. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will be able to show the "after" pictures.....
            RScott

Comment

Headed out to Vegas and The Shot Show - next weekend for the week.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

I asked a friend of mine who is highly skilled with AR builds, does several each year, buys and sells, etc. and he recommended TruPrep as well.

Also, gun shows often have a good selection of AR parts.
                "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

It's Christmas in January - everything I think I need will hit the house today, erector set 101 class starts in about 5 hours
                  RScott

Comment

Erector set 98.5% complete. Need a volunteer to test fire, anyone???? jk

Maybe a pic if it doesn't blow up
                    RScott

Comment

It didn't blow up, but didn't cycle effectively, accurate too. The 'tuning" phase commences tonight.
                      RScott

Comment

Awesome, or at least partially awesome.
                        How much did it cycle? Did it eject the spent cartridge?
                        THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Originally posted by Dave375 View Post
                          Awesome, or at least partially awesome.
                          How much did it cycle? Did it eject the spent cartridge?
                          Neither - I had a high end single shot rifle, gas block is literally.025 off in placement and the adjustment screw was one turn less than fully closed. Of all the steps required to complete, I am sure I have done two right the first time, the rest are multiple attempts. I knew going in on the first one that there would be some learnings, I was right on that
                          RScott

Comment

Just make the first shot count.
                            But then I guess thatís not the point of shooting an AR.

Comment

I guess I need to start being nice to you.
                              http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Working...
                              X