Anyone know of a good Gunsmith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of a good Gunsmith?

Wanting to have a scope installed on my rifle. Not that big a job, but certainly something that I don't want to screw up. Rather it not be a big box store and to be able to actually talk to the GS doing the work for my thoughts and their suggestions. Anyone know anyone that is capable, that actually works as a regular gunsmith, and in the general ATL area? Thanks!

Itís been a couple of years since I was dealing with gunsmiths on a regular basis and Iím sorry I canít remember their names but The Firing Line off Canton Hwy in Marietta and Sharpshooters in Roswell used to have competent gunsmiths.
    THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Adventure Outdoors on S Cobb Dr in Smyrna has an in house gunsmith with 37 years experience. https://www.adventureoutdoors.us/Gunsmith.html

Comment

Yes my neighbor is a gunsmith, I will send you his info. He does great work

Comment

There used to be a good one off the loop, Deer Creek i think. Make sure they boresight it, that will save you alot of rounds sighting in.

Remember putting alot of rounds through the rifle can heat the barrel and throw off the sight in process.

You may consider doing a trigger job also. My dad and I both have 3lb triggers on our hunting rifles, i think factory is 8 which can seem like an eternity to fire.

Comment

Not up your way, sorry. Really not hard to do yourself, even bore sighting. YouTube a couple good sites if need be.
            sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
            "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Call Bill Schwarz - he is the only local person I allow to work on my guns (predominantly antique shotguns):

Schwarz Firearms Restoration Service
              Licensee Name: Schwarz, William
              767 Brushy Top Rd Unit 6716
              Ellijay, GA 30540
              Phone: 706-276-7668

Comment

Working...
              X