Random Food Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
    ...David, you ever cooked any bison?...we had some the other night as guests and I was thoroughly impressed...it was cooked on a Weber charcoal grill...they had a fire pit and our host scooped oak and hickory coals out of it to feed the grill...

Jimmy
    Yes sir. Couple years back. Bought it at BJ's. It was good eats.
    " When you are retired, everyday is Saturday "
    David

Comment

• Shrimp and Cheese Grits

Fresh caught Atlantic Shrimp with Baby Bellas and wilted spinach

Comment

• Very nice! When did you catch the shrimp???
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!" - author unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonT View Post
          Very nice! When did you catch the shrimp???
          I found this fellow at our local farmer's market (West Cobb/East Paulding area) that brings fresh shrimp up- caught on Tuesday or Wednesday to the Market on Friday. I can't eat Frozen Shrimp because of the nitrates. The shrimp he brings up are 26-30 count. They are very clean. You don't even have to devein them.

In my stomping grounds (Orange Beach/Gulf Shores back waters) you are allowed to catch one gallon of fresh shrimp per day without a special permit. When I'm down there I try to take advantage of that. But this is the next best thing.

Comment

• Pasta and salad!

David

Comment

• David....I'm diggin' that pie and ice cream!
              The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

• Tonite. Mmmmmmmm!

David

Comment

• Tonite.

David

Comment

• REDTOP, how is it that you actually make LIMA BEANS look tasty?!!! I wasn't even hungry until I clicked on this post.
                    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                      REDTOP, how is it that you actually make LIMA BEANS look tasty?!!! I wasn't even hungry until I clicked on this post.
                      I am a big Lima Bean fan. could eat one variety or another everyday.

No beans tonite but sho wuz good!

David

Comment

• Crock pot loin tonite.

David

Comment

• A couple dishes from this weekend:

_________

French onion soup

Potatoes Lyonnaise

Prime, Dry-aged ribeyes

Fried corn w/ honey butter

Seared scallops with chimichurri

Fried baby bellas

Creamed spinach (can't have a dry-aged steak w/o this side)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!" - author unknown

Comment

• Oh Wow!!!!!!!!!! Now that is some good eats, Brandon !!!!!!!!!!!
                            David

Comment

• Our May the 4th be with you dinner

Sent from the galley of the Hispaniola.
                              “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• looking good there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X