Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmm... great looking brisket!!

Shrimp copied from Bonefish for lunch.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!" - author unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Trouter23 View Post
      Whole brisket
      Man Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brisket looks great!!!!!!!!!!!
      " When you are retired, everyday is Saturday "
      David

Comment

• Mighty fine Brandon, Mighty fine!!!!!!!!!!!
        David

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonT View Post
          Mmmmm... great looking brisket!!

Shrimp copied from Bonefish for lunch.
          Bro, shrimp looks grrrreat! ('member that?) Talk to me! What is that shininess I'm drooling over?
          I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
          -Lefty Kreh

Comment

• Random Food Pics

Oh yeah... I ate a bit of Frosted Flakes in my days. Sauce is easy... mayo, sweet chili sauce, and sirracha. Shrimp drenched in buttermik(or egg wash in this case), and dredged in Old Bay and cornstarch.
            Last edited by BrandonT; 08-16-15, 02:48 PM.
            "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!" - author unknown

Comment

• Nice Brandon. Shrimp is on my radar now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remoh View Post
                T23 unbelievable. Perfect looking brisket. The bread looks fantastic also and you can't beat Mac and Cheese, Americas best comfort food. We should open a restaurant.

Most of the time I cook by site but I love my probe therm. I don't like overcooked food. Nice job.
                Thanks a lot, Remoh. I really appreciate it.

Like you, I normally go by texture and instinct when it comes to barbecue too. But, I do a high heat brisket that cooks in four to five hours, and temps are really important with that method.

I started doing that method after having learned it from Myron Mixon of Jack's Old South at a competition one time and I haven't looked back since. The method sounded hard to believe at first, but I figured since he and his team take first place in brisket at every competition they go to, I should listen to every word he says. Nowadays, no more overnight 12+ hour brisket smokes.
                -Lefty Kreh

Comment

• I've heard of that method of Brisket cooking method. Never tried it. My red meat days are pretty much over. I'm a pescatarian now with a little chicken. I always have a fridge full of seafood.

I won an Iron Skillet Award a couple years ago with Mac and Cheese. 1 can of Rotel, a block of Velvetta and some Cavatappi Pasta, lol

Every once in a while I'll do a prime filet reverse sear.

Crabs, shrimp and fish is my protein nowadays. Scallop season in Stienhatchee Fl is coming up soon.

Comment

I've heard of that method of Brisket cooking method. Never tried it. My red meat days are pretty much over. I'm a pescatarian now with a little chicken. I always have a fridge full of seafood.

I won an Iron Skillet Award a couple years ago with Mac and Cheese. 1 can of Rotel, a block of Velvetta and some Cavatappi Pasta, lol

Every once in a while I'll do a prime filet reverse sear.

Crabs, shrimp and fish is my protein nowadays. Scallop season in Stienhatchee Fl is coming up soon.
                    Man, that must really suck having to eat seafood from the Gulf all the time (extreme sarcasm intended). I'm jealous.

Ever get any from Billy's or The Shrimp Man (Joe Shutt)?
                    -Lefty Kreh

Comment

• A lil' gumbo

Made up in Tulsa OK to ease my distance from the coast...
                      Attached Files
                      KCFO

I am sorry to disappoint you all, but the awesome mullet in my avatar is not real.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishnHuntnNut View Post
                        Made up in Tulsa OK to ease my distance from the coast...
                        Shrimp and andouille gumbo! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!
                        -Lefty Kreh

Comment

• Originally posted by Trouter23 View Post
                          Man, that must really suck having to eat seafood from the Gulf all the time (extreme sarcasm intended). I'm jealous.

Ever get any from Billy's or The Shrimp Man (Joe Shutt)?
                          Hit Billy's twice a month, Freshest and the bestest. They are at the end of county road 10. They have all fresh stuff. Patsy's want a stuffed flounder this week, so I'll be at Billy's soon.

Comment

Hit Billy's twice a month, Freshest and the bestest. They are at the end of county road 10. They have all fresh stuff. Patsy's want a stuffed flounder this week, so I'll be at Billy's soon.
                            I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about Billy's. If you've never bought shrimp from Joe Shutt, you're picking your own pockets. He's about five minutes east of Billy's. Do yourself a favor and stop by sometime.
                            Last edited by Trouter23; 08-17-15, 02:14 AM.
                            -Lefty Kreh

Comment

• Well T23 you have given me a reason to stop by joes. I'll report back. The Bon Secour Area is scenic. Down to earth people and plenty of things to do. It makes me think of the Forrest Gump Movie.

My arm is almost completely healed now and I look forward to hanging out in the back waters soon. I gotta do a stuffed flounder for Patsy, I have a flounder rig. We will see, but maybe some Royal reds would be nice also. I do a mean remoulade sauce from scratch. I don't eat much bread but gotta have a Po Boy every once in a while. I bake my own bread also, I ad extra capers . Pretty tired this week, we have been turtle watching......Probably get a little sailing in Tuesday.

1 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup chili sauce

2 tablespoons Creole mustard

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce, or to taste

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1medium scallions, chopped

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

2 tablespoons chopped green olives

2 tablespoons minced celery

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon salt, or to taste

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

3 teaspoon capers, chopped (optional)
                              Last edited by Remoh; 08-21-15, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Chicken tonight.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X