New Chicken Pan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chicken Pan

Found this at garage sale for $4. Its seasoned pretty good but the lid needs a little resto. Might try the fire method, but first chicken.

We are the music-makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers
    And sitting by desolate streams;
    World losers and world forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams.

Last time my chicken was a little dry. I left it in buttermilk for 4 hours. Its makes all the difference. It was super juicy inside.

Nice and Juicy.

I did some research on a few collectors sites. The pan is from 1920s-40s based on the emblem and markings. The last of the "good metal" prewar. They go for around $200 give or take depending on condition. No way am I selling this bad boy.
    We are the music-makers,

Comment

So this explains why you said you were in a food coma, been stuffing yourself on homemade fried chicken

Comment

Originally posted by WPrich View Post
        So this explains why you said you were in a food coma, been stuffing yourself on homemade fried chicken
        I don't even know where I am right now...for a second I thought I was watching the jets game.
        We are the music-makers,

Comment

Great find!! You'll enjoy that chicken fryer for years to come. And as you know, it's a great investment too.
          BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
          Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Good Find!!!!!!!!!!!
            " When you are retired, everyday is Saturday "
            David

Comment

Nice score and good lookn pollo, Greg.

Hehe, I am intrigued by the KRAS Napolitanke wafers in the background. You didn't eat those with the pollo, did you?
              Those look like vanilla but it's been a while since I ate some. Hazelnut is pretty good too. Made in CRO, but very popular in that whole region including BIH, SRB, MNE, etc.

I know of several shops around town that carry stuff from SE Euro including expat stores and several Asian farmer's markets. Find some decent cookies too, and other delicacies, of course: all manner of sausage, deli meats, veal, spices, pickled items, veg spreads, etc. Try the Vegeta seasoning if you haven't already. Can use that stuff on just about anything.

I just returned from the old world about a week ago. Still jet-lagged. Funny to come across this thread and see this.
              WF
              sigpic
              There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Fly View Post
                Nice score and good lookn pollo, Greg.

Hehe, I am intrigued by the KRAS Napolitanke wafers in the background. You didn't eat those with the pollo, did you?
                Those look like vanilla but it's been a while since I ate some. Hazelnut is pretty good too. Made in CRO, but very popular in that whole region including BIH, SRB, MNE, etc.

I know of several shops around town that carry stuff from SE Euro including expat stores and several Asian farmer's markets. Find some decent cookies too, and other delicacies, of course: all manner of sausage, deli meats, veal, spices, pickled items, veg spreads, etc. Try the Vegeta seasoning if you haven't already. Can use that stuff on just about anything.

I just returned from the old world about a week ago. Still jet-lagged. Funny to come across this thread and see this.
                The first time I tried those cookies where from a Vietnamese lady at work she told me she them from the Buford Farmers market and I've been buying them ever since. Theres a good Yugoslavian store in alpharetta around the new orvis store somewhere. They have the best bread they make in house.

I always have a mini tub of vegeta.

We are the music-makers,

Comment

Working...
                X