PECAN WOOD FOR SMOKING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PECAN WOOD FOR SMOKING

I have a rather large pecan tree down at work, and I am going to be cutting up some of the limbs and smaller stuff for smoking. If you would like some, let me know ASAP. It will be removed sometime early next week. If you would like, I will have it at the Fall Fling for you to pick up. If any of you are in the Royston area, you can come get some.
    Again, let me know ASAP! I can't let this lay, I've got to get it moved.

T8myfly, I've got you covered.
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

I would love some and will be at the Fling. Thanks!
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

I gave up smoking pecan wood years ago. That stuff will give you brain damage man!

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
      Simple Goat Herder
      Former NGTO President
      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
        I would love some and will be at the Fling. Thanks!
        Gotcha!

Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

I'd love to be added to the list.
          I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
            I'd love to be added to the list.
            Got it Brent

Comment

...hey Bill...in another thread, you mentioned being descended from a minister...my Gr-Gr Grandfather, Levi M. Carter, was a Chaplain in the 5th Ga Infantry, CSA...he was a Presbyterian, but held many Primitive Baptist beliefs, such as foot-washing...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Anybody else??

Comment

Consider Craigslisting it. It'll be gone by Monday.
                  I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
                  -Lefty Kreh

Comment

Originally posted by Trouter23 View Post
                    Consider Craigslisting it. It'll be gone by Monday.
                    I wish I could. I work for a public housing authority, aka "the projects." Anything sold has to be bid, and anything having a miniscule chance of liability is frowned upon. In other words, if I can't remove it, I have to hire a contractor with e-verify and workers comp insurance to remove it. At that time it becomes his property, and his liability.

Comment

I'll take some if you have enough. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                        I wish I could. I work for a public housing authority, aka "the projects." Anything sold has to be bid, and anything having a miniscule chance of liability is frowned upon. In other words, if I can't remove it, I have to hire a contractor with e-verify and workers comp insurance to remove it. At that time it becomes his property, and his liability.
                        Ah, I see. Sorry for not being clearer. I was actually referring to listing it under the free section. If you gave it away, could you avoid the red tape?
                        I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
                        -Lefty Kreh

Comment

Originally posted by soundsfishy2me View Post
                          I'll take some if you have enough. Thanks.
                          I believe I have enough. Will you be at the fling in Nov.?

T23, the liability issue comes in on the removal. Any damage to property, either personal or Authority owned, damage to underground utilities, personal injury or injury to others...all are considerations. If we contract to someone with insurance and all other required documentation, we are out from under the liability issue. Someone may think, "What can go wrong? Its just cutting a little wood." Cuts, tree limb breaks and lets a tree roll, damage to property by getting stuck, kids playing nearby, buried utilities (there is a gas line underneath the root ball of this particular tree), and people who are looking for someone to sue...the list goes on. Its government, what else can I say?

Comment

...hey Bill, I have a buddy who took some pecan limbs and cut them into strips with a table saw...he makes boxes and small wall shelves with them...beautiful stuff...!

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Thanks fishnpreacher, and yes I will be at the fall fling. I would not dare miss your Roosevelt Beans. I will introduce myself when I arrive.

Comment

Working...
                              X