Thanksgiving in the Woods 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving in the Woods 2017

Got back yesterday from our annual Thanksgiving trip. We stayed ten days. We had 7 RV's of family and friend there for at least a week. On Thursday were all came together for a great meal and fellowship. We have done this, as some here have seen before, for about twenty years or so. We move our gathering from RedTop Mt State Park( How I got my user name ) to DeSoto State Park near Ft Payne Alabama. RedTop has always been our favorit place to camp, but that all came to an end last year with the way we were treated last Thanksgiving. We were so impressed with the folks and campground at DeSoto, we made reservation for next year before we left yesterday. Here are some pics.

" When you are retired, everyday is Saturday "
    David

What a great family tradition. Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Dang it. Forgot my rule to never look at a Redtop thread before lunch. The German chocolate cake put it over the top.
      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

I look forward to your Thanksgiving pics every year. They never disappoint. Looks like your travel grill got quite a workout.

Comment

Thanks Y'all. I love my little Akorn Jr. Fits right into the belly of my fifth wheel.

The German Chocolate cake was awesome. My sister made from scratch from my mom's recipe.
          " When you are retired, everyday is Saturday "
          David

Comment

Buddy. Awesome looking spread yet again. What a great tradition with your family and friends. Everything, including the fellowship, looks great!

If DeSoto ends up treating y'all bad one year, y'all just come on down to the house and set up.
            Last edited by Trouter23; 12-01-17, 01:51 AM.
            I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
            -Lefty Kreh

Comment

AWESOME!!!
              Food, family, friends, food, fellowship, more food. The older I get, the more I appreciate family traditions, and gathering to share the good times.
              You my friend are blessed.
              BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
              Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Working...
              X