Saturday Smoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Smoke

I fired up my Akorn for the first long, low and slow cook in quite a while. I did a corned beef brisket into pastrami and I did a Boston Butt. We will eat sometime today.

" When you are retired, everyday is Saturday "
    David

Redtop,

Do you cook the corn beef brisket first (I usually slow cook in beer) and then smoke or do you just slap on rub and start smoking? Looks delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbait View Post
      Redtop,

Do you cook the corn beef brisket first (I usually slow cook in beer) and then smoke or do you just slap on rub and start smoking? Looks delicious.
      Thanks!
      I soak in fresh water for three days changing the water every day. On the day I smoke the corned beef, I let it dry for about thirty minutes, slather with yellow mustard then coat with crushed peppercorns and ground coriander. I smoke at 250* until the internal temp is 170-175*. I let it cool completely and slice across the grain.
      David

Comment

My lunch reubens

My BBQ supper.
        David

Comment

Originally posted by REDTOP View Post
          Thanks!
          I soak in fresh water for three days changing the water every day. On the day I smoke the corned beef, I let it dry for about thirty minutes, slather with yellow mustard then coat with crushed peppercorns and ground coriander. I smoke at 250* until the internal temp is 170-175*. I let it cool completely and slice across the grain.
          Good to know, I did one after st. paddys brine but just left it without changing or mixing the water it came out really salty.

I don't know why but I don't like rye bread unless its marbled. Looks good cept I don't see no Russian Dressing!
          We are the music-makers,
          And we are the dreamers of dreams,
          Wandering by lone sea-breakers
          And sitting by desolate streams;
          World losers and world forsakers,
          On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
            Good to know, I did one after st. paddys brine but just left it without changing or mixing the water it came out really salty.

I don't know why but I don't like rye bread unless its marbled. Looks good cept I don't see no Russian Dressing!
            Yeah, the soaking is to remove some of the salinity. I did not have any Russian so I used Thousand Island.
            David

Comment

Working...
            X