No announcement yet.

Stolen Drift Boat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha... nothing like a good boat thief to bring out the violent tendencies. So far, between NGTO and some other sites, the thief is going to be hung, shot, drowned, and made to suffer God's revenge. I just hope that if I get it back I won't be mistaken for the thief!

Drifter, I think I still have some emails from you from back in those days. You wanted me to sell it to you for a while there.

Thanks again to everyone. I wish I could share the optimism of a quick recovery. I think if it showed up on the Hooch tomorrow it would be in my garage by bedtime but my fear is that it was a local job and some guy in Pine Mountain is going to use it for catfish fishing his pond. Not that I haven't done the same thing before but I can see nobody even knowing anything about it and it spending years just laying on the shore of the pond. Obviously somebody knows where this boat is, it's just a matter of getting the word out to the right people. I made up some flyers today and am going to go on a campaign of putting them all over Pine Mountain tomorrow. Paul Hudson has offered to that in LaGrange as well.
    Then Peter said, "I'm going fishing." The disciples replied, we're going too, and they got in the boat..." John 21:3a

And now, I pray thee, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and hunt me venison. Genesis 27:3

Comment

I have a bunch of customers down there in those little towns & you can bet that I will be looking around as I drive around there. If you can post a pdf of your flyers, I will be glad to pass them aound where I go! That is just beyone revulsion to steal someone's boat...

Comment

Carl....yeah that was me trying to buy your boat. I was not aware of the sentimental value at the time. Both my boys helped build the one I have now so I know what you mean.

Between you and Kent....don't you have some hookups at the Lagrange Daily News? Maybe you could run a reward photo for a few weeks.

Good luck....and I'll be on the lookout....watching Craigslist for sure.
        The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

We will keep an eye out for it up this way.
          If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?
          John Cleese

www.southeasternanglers.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about your boat Carl. One of my first boat rides ever was in your boat. I'll certainly keep my eyes open up here.
            Goo Goo Ga Choob!

www.rockytopanglers.com

Comment

Thanks everyone. That's a good idea about putting an ad in the paper(s). That'll put some pressure on the situation if it's a local job. So obvious that I didn't even think about it!

Rocky, I remember that day well. It was a fun day. A cold thanksgiving holiday day and you spanked some trout on a shad-like streamer if I recall correctly. I've had a lot of great memories in that boat. Good friends, a few celebrity types like Gary and Jason Borger, Sandra Day O'Conner etc., and a few bad experiences that are funny now, like having to drag it from above the stairsteps to Reliance when TVA cut the water off unexpectedly one evening.
              Then Peter said, "I'm going fishing." The disciples replied, we're going too, and they got in the boat..." John 21:3a

And now, I pray thee, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and hunt me venison. Genesis 27:3

Comment

I posted a link on the Little River Outfitters forum and a couple other regional boards. I also alerterd Tony Wilson and the rest of the Hiwassee regulars. If it floats in Tennessee....we'll spot it.
                Goo Goo Ga Choob!

www.rockytopanglers.com

Comment

Absolutely infuriating and unbelievable!

I hate that this happened.

I did not see in earlier posts if you mentioned this (and I apologize if I just missed it), but have you notified Georgia WRD Law Enforcement? I think they have a stolen boat task force or at least an investigative unit. They trade information between states. And they love boat thieves as much as the Texas Rangers love cattle thieves.

Main contact information - LE Headquarters
                  2070 U.S. Hwy 278, S.E.
                  Social Circle, GA 30025
                  (770) 918-6408

They can get you in touch with the boat theft unit.

Good luck in getting your ride back.

TH
                  "Message received, no reply"

Comment

Still Missing...

Hey Folks, I just wanted to bump this back to the top again because my boat is still missing and is still in the WRONG hands. I'm hoping that after a year and a half, maybe the person who has it will be getting a little more bold about taking it out. I imagine it has been repainted and has had some changes made to it by now, but it is still a one of a kind boat and should look a little different to those who can recognize the major drift boat manufacturers. To refresh your memory, I built this fiberglass boat myself back in '95 and my dad and I built the trailer as well. It was stolen off Callaway Gardens property on October 2, 2012.

If anyone would be so kind as to to post this on other sites you visit, facebook, etc., I would greatly appreciate it. I would reeeeaaaaallly like to get this boat back as it is so special to me.

Here is a link about when it got stolen - http://dominionproject.net/2012/10/2...t-boatanother/

Here is a link about me building it - http://dominionproject.net/2010/07/2...g-stuff-boats/

Thanks friends,

Carl

Comment

When I saw this thread had been updated....I thought there might be good news.

Carl....I love driftboats and as a result...closely scrutinize the one's I see. I can say with pretty good certainty that it hasn't been on the Tuckasegee River.....not on a regular basis anyhow.

Maybe Rocky and Bill Stranahan can keep an eye out on the Hiwassee....Jimmy Harris and his folks watching the Toccoa. Shoot Ian Rutter an email as he guides on the Clinch, Holston and Watauga.

Good idea to resurrect this thread. We need to find this one.
                      Last edited by Drifter; 04-06-14, 09:25 AM.
                      The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Other Boats

I don't think Jimmy Harris ever recovered his stolen drift boat, either. I just have no patience with thieves of any stripe no matter what they steal.

Comment

In all the photos of your boat, I found this one to be the one that I rely upon when I see a different fiberglass drift boat on the waters that I frequent:

I always notice the interior finish on the right side of the bow (circled area), and the cup holder by the brace. I consider these two things to be almost foolproof in identifying it if I run across a boat that I think resembles it.

Hope this helps anyone who remembers to take note of drift boats around them.

Good luck in finding her. I know how sick that feeling is when something you work hard for is taken from you by some low-life.
                          If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

I've had my eyes peeled since the boat came missing. I figured it would have been spotted on the upper Hiwassee already but I've not seen it.

I float the Clinch and Holston a lot and haven't spotted any out of the ordinary boats there but I will keep looking.

I'm on the South Holston occasionally and there are tons of boats on the water. Might be worth a call to the South Holston Fly Shop to get them on the look out.

My guess would be some scumbags swiped it and sold it somewhere outside of the southeast......or it's still in their garage as they are afraid to move it.

Either way I sure hope it's found one day.
                            Goo Goo Ga Choob!

www.rockytopanglers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                              When I saw this thread had been updated....I thought there might be good news.
                              .[/url]
                              I was hoping good news too.

I have wondered form time to time if you ever recovered it, hope you do Carl.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
                                I don't think Jimmy Harris ever recovered his stolen drift boat, either. I just have no patience with thieves of any stripe no matter what they steal.
                                Nope, we never found it. Ironically, Kent Edmonds and I were just discussing Carl and his stolen boat at the Fling Saturday. Hope it shows up one day, Carl.
                                Jimmy Harris
                                Unicoi Liars Club
                                Unicoi Outfitters Online Store

Comment

Working...
                                X