No announcement yet.

Stolen Drift Boat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May there be a special place in Hell for the thieves that steal our toys!
    The guy with the yellow Hyde!

Comment

Make sure you report it so when they try to get the boat registered the Hull ID number comes back as stolen. Also send in pics to the local LE offices so we can add it to our BOLO sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by DNR119 View Post
        Make sure you report it so when they try to get the boat registered the Hull ID number comes back as stolen. Also send in pics to the local LE offices so we can add it to our BOLO sheets.
        You, sir, jes' became my favoritest law enforcement officer in the whole United States!
        If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Hey Folks, it's that time of year again! I never have recovered my boat and I have all but given up hope of finding her, but I am determined to keep spreading the word so that whoever has it won't feel too comfortable taking her out for a stroll.

I live in Idaho now and I sure would like to have her back. If anyone would be so kind to repost this message on other forums that you might be a part of I would be greatly appreciative. This boat, being home-made and all, was very special to me.

Thanks y'all.

Carl
          Then Peter said, "I'm going fishing." The disciples replied, we're going too, and they got in the boat..." John 21:3a

And now, I pray thee, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and hunt me venison. Genesis 27:3

Comment

Btw Carl, the domain for all of your old dominionproject links showing pix and vids of your boat in your posts expired 126 days ago.

Comment

I'm still watching the Tuck for your boat. Being a wooden boat owner....they draw extra scrutiny from me when I see one.
              The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Carl,

What are you doing in Idaho? Your profile still says Opelika. They don't even know what a warmouth is in Idaho. A bluegill, maybe.

Comment

Still hope one of these day you'll find it Carl.

Comment

Hey guys. It's been almost 4 years since my boat was stolen but I'm still holding onto hope that I will get it back some day. I'd appreciate it if y'all would take another look at the pics of the boat and trailer and keep an eye out with float fishing season coming up again.
                    Then Peter said, "I'm going fishing." The disciples replied, we're going too, and they got in the boat..." John 21:3a

And now, I pray thee, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and hunt me venison. Genesis 27:3

Comment

Stolen Drift Boat!

Having built a driftboat....I always take notice of the boats on the Tuck....especially the woodies. I haven't seen it around here (Dillsboro) Carl....but I'm always watching for it.

Carl's stolen driftboat:

The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

I cant even imagine how that feels. I'll keep my eyes open. Would love to personally deliver it to Idaho.
                        "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                        -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                          I cant even imagine how that feels. I'll keep my eyes open. Would love to personally deliver it to Idaho.
                          I'd totally pay for your trip, meet you at the Henry's Fork, and celebrate finally getting the rightful owner and builder back on the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                            Having built a driftboat....I always take notice of the boats on the Tuck....especially the woodies. I haven't seen it around here (Dillsboro) Carl....but I'm always watching for it.

Carl's stolen driftboat:

Thanks for posting the pic, Steve. Just to clarify for those who don't know the boat, it is fiberglass but looks like a wood boat from a distance. Gunnels and trim are wood. A dead giveaway is the front pedestal seat - it looks like an upside down rubbermaid tote. Probably because that is what I used as a mold. The floor is also very heavily textured. Most glass boats use sand in the paint for grip. I used vermiculite which is more the size of cinders.

Comment

Working...
                            X