No announcement yet.

Bama vs Auburn Iron Bowl go on record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an aberration of a game that was. Go ahead and give it to me, but surely AU's "luck" has run it's course...

Comment

Ugly But a W!

Yep, it may have been one ugly a$$ win but a win is a win and in the Win Column for all to calculate. Wonder if any computer programers have been fired at BCS yet? But back to the big WIN, I knew Ohio State would prevail. Oh, and AU / AL was fun to watch too! 8- )

But back to topic at hand, it was one bodacious day for college football and I swear the heavens must be Auburn fans. Wonder how many cardiac events can be traced to this?

Comment

Bama #4 & AU #3 in the AP Poll. Surely there is a way Bama can leapfrog and revenge will be mine!

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
          I swear the heavens must be Auburn fans. Wonder how many cardiac events can be traced to this?
          Or someone sold their soul to the devil. I figure it's closer to that answer.

The Auburn AD has started whining about being left out of the National Championship Game.
          Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

It made a lot folks happy however it happened, and probably did kill a few as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=j7wHcqHc9-g
            " Is it ignorance or is it apathy?
            Hey man I don't know and I don't care" Jimmy Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by Trouty Mouth View Post
              What an aberration of a game that was. Go ahead and give it to me, but surely AU's "luck" has run it's course...
              I attended the IB and that win was NOT luck.. Auburn pounded bama with their run game (something that bama assured everyone would not happen).Auburn had about 300 yds rushing against a team that was averaging less than 100 yds per game. Many claimed that Auburn would not even score an offensive TD, and so on, and so on.. The UGA game was a miracle... the TD with the FG try was a planned play.. (like a punt or Kick off return).. The field goal team for Bama was basically a bunch of fat , slow guys.. all Auburn had to do (if FG was short and caught) was to block a couple of guys.. and bingo TD !! whine all you want... bama was out-played and out-coached...deal with it...

Comment

Originally posted by raptor View Post
                I attended the IB and that win was NOT luck.. Auburn pounded bama with their run game (something that bama assured everyone would not happen).Auburn had about 300 yds rushing against a team that was averaging less than 100 yds per game. Many claimed that Auburn would not even score an offensive TD, and so on, and so on.. The UGA game was a miracle... the TD with the FG try was a planned play.. (like a punt or Kick off return).. The field goal team for Bama was basically a bunch of fat , slow guys.. all Auburn had to do (if FG was short and caught) was to block a couple of guys.. and bingo TD !! whine all you want... bama was out-played and out-coached...deal with it...
                UGA was a miracle. But the game is not over til it's over. Gus outcoached Nick was my takeaway. The best IB game I can remember in my life. I hope AU begins to get ready for Mizzou. Mizzou is a very good team. The bama game is in the rear view mirror. Both teams are on fire.

Comment

I picked up a couple of factoids this morning. These are from al.com :

The last time Alabama won an Iron Bowl against an Auburn team headed toward nine or more wins was 1994.

Saban is 6-5 all times against Auburn (including Alabama & LSU.)
                  Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJesse View Post
                    I picked up a couple of factoids this morning. These are from al.com :

The last time Alabama won an Iron Bowl against an Auburn team headed toward nine or more wins was 1994.

Saban is 6-5 all times against Auburn (including Alabama & LSU.)
                    I read about some of those stats too. I listen to Paul Finebaum all the time and he never mentions any stats that are favorable to Auburn. He rubs elbows with the Sabin's frequently and is in their close circle of friends. Nick does not like to play Auburn. He gets uptight. I thought the game was a real barn burner. In the end Gus outcoached Nick. Thank goodness Gus has Auburn's Football program back on track.

Spending time in Alabama during my growing up years, you cannot to begin to imagine how intense the AU/Bama rivalry is. Many Bama fans in Alabama have a picture of Bear Bryant in their living room. Bear used to call Auburn "That Cow College"

Comment

Let's do it again

Hope Duke () and Michigan State can win their championships and we could be right back to Auburn/Alabama for the national championship. As long as Auburn does not overlook Mizz.

That would be fun.

P.S. The votes for Auburn have gone from 3 to 6 since AFTER the game. Really.
                      Last edited by THE EG; 12-02-13, 10:12 AM.
                      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
                        Hope Duke () and Michigan State can win their championships and we could be right back to Auburn/Alabama for the national championship. As long as Auburn does not overlook Mizz.

That would be fun.
                        I never thought about that. That's interesting. It would be the most watched Championship ever. Ohio State doesn't have strength of schedule. Michigan will be their strongest opponent yet. Next year we go to the 4 team play off format. Too bad we don't have that format this year.

I heard a stat, don't quote me, I've heard conflicting stories, that the last 4-7 National Champions were the winner of the SEC Championship Game.

Comment

Just in case you missed it

I was watching the game by myself with my 3 rescue dogs. Boo-Boo, Puppy and Ollie. I started jumping and yelling and my dogs thought the boggie man was coming in the house They starting barking and guarding all the doors. Holy Cow for the "Cow College"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1EVSn95yk&feature=share"]Auburn vs. Alabama 2013 - Winning TD (Auburn Announcers) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Run Chris Run

After the game

Comment

You mad ? you need a second?

Comment

You know, the university is typic'ly fined $50k for all those fans rushin' the field after a game. The way I figger it, if Auburn fined each fan on that field one dollar as they left the field an' made their way out of the stadium, they'd prolly turn a profit after payin' the fine.

Oh yeah, from now on, ev'ryone needs to turn their clocks back one second on each November 30 for "Daylight Saban Time"
                                If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X