National Championship AU vs FSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship AU vs FSU

Well I think (biased) we have the best match up for the championship. I'm not sure where I will watch the championship. Somewhere in the mountains near trout fishing would be ideal.
    Auburn
    35.29%
    Florida State
    64.71%

I think FSU is a 2 touchdown favorite. Anyone want to head to the mountains and watch THE college championship football at the local sports bar (maybe a little dancing) and go trout fishing the next day?

Comment

U know I don't dance until date number 3
      sigpic

I still remember the refrain of one of the most popular barrack ballads of that day which proclaimed most proudly that "old soldiers never die; they just fade away."
      And like the old soldier of that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the light to see that duty.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by David Parker View Post
        U know I don't dance until date number 3
        It's because you are a kitty cat. turnip, Many people have another word for kitty cat
        I can't dance and I can't sing but that doesn't prevent me from embarrassing myself and I always enjoy the smiles. The whole crowd can't dance. There is always the one exception.

Comment

...sorry, Bern...would love to accompany you, but health and home obligations are in front of any of my fishing for the present..

...I can neither dance nor sing...I played some Allman riffs on my old '56 Les Paul...

...Cath's the dancer...we were in an oyster bar in St. Geo Island , FL in 1980 and she danced on a pool table after winning a snooker tournament...she also danced on the mantle at the KA house at Ole Miss in 1975-6...she has never
          danced in church, to my knowledge...she was an Episcopalian when we married...

Happy New Year!!

Jimmy

Comment

I lied. I played dance party on the xbox the other day. The main issue with my "style" is that it's not pretty and once it gets started, it's so difficult to get it to stop.
            sigpic

I still remember the refrain of one of the most popular barrack ballads of that day which proclaimed most proudly that "old soldiers never die; they just fade away."
            And like the old soldier of that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the light to see that duty.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
              ...sorry, Bern...would love to accompany you, but health and home obligations are in front of any of my fishing for the present..

...I can neither dance nor sing...I played some Allman riffs on my old '56 Les Paul...

...Cath's the dancer...we were in an oyster bar in St. Geo Island , FL in 1980 and she danced on a pool table after winning a snooker tournament...she also danced on the mantle at the KA house at Ole Miss in 1975-6...she has never
              danced in church, to my knowledge...she was an Episcopalian when we married...

Happy New Year!!

Jimmy
              Well Jimmy, I could consider you the most luckiest guy on the face on the world. Why Cath chose you is a testament. Episcopalians can get away with anything. Don't hesitate to dance, takes some dancing lessons if that makes you feel better. I think you need to step outside your box and give your special bride what she deserves and wants. If they tell you, you can't do it, then go do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post
                maybe a little dancing

Hmmmmmmm. . . Lastest dancin' I ever did was in 1988 at the Auburn @ LSU game in Death Valley. I did a real good bit of dancin' at around the 1:42 mark in the fourth quarter when LSU scored the onliest TD of the game. (It came out in the Daily Reveille the follerin' week that we had done set off the seismograph in the geology building with our dancin'.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHnePZuE0U"]LSU vs. Auburn 1988 - The Earthquake Game - YouTube[/ame]

Now that I've posted a video that I know is horribly painful fer you to watch, I'll tell you truthfully, I will be pullin' fer y'all Barners against FSU jes' as strongly as I have pulled fer LSU in ev'ry game they've ever played. (The bestest part of an Auburn National Championship is that the Bammers say that y'all are unbearable!)

I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Geaux git 'em, y'all!
                If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

The game will be the game, hopefully it will be a close good game. I have done my analysis and AU matches up real well. If you want to pull up some research, try championship 1992.

Swampy, go dancing with your bride. It's a great way to mix things up after a few years. It doesn't matter if you can dance or not. Paul's in Helen has been my dancing spot for a few years (I'm single) just be careful. I had to punch two fellows in the parking lot so far, jealous boy friends, I think. I never take girls from Paul's back to my hotel room.

Maybe I'll find a girl someday that can sing, dance and fish. And run a trot line, gut and skin a deer or pig and still look as beautiful as Meaux. I don't want a sissy girl
                  Last edited by Remoh; 12-27-13, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post
                    Paul's in Helen has been my dancing spot for a few years (I'm single) just be careful. I had to punch two fellows in the parking lot so far, jealous boy friends, I think. I never take girls from Paul's back to my hotel room.

Is Barbara still bartending there in the afternoon and evenings?
                    sigpic

Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Bern. . . I think you jes' done give me one of the bestest idears I have had in a looooooooong time. If it pans out well, I might jes' owe you a day out on the 'Hoochee Queen. (That's a purty big if though, 'cause I dance so poorly that Gerald Ford looks like Mikhail Baryshnikov in comparison.)
                      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

I'm not sure about Barbara bar tending turnip. I sure would love to dance with hopper. She is a cutie pie and smart and can **** you off. I think I could make a woman like that happy

Comment

Marcus you are a very smart person. You speak 5 languages and I only speak 4. Make your bride happy. Use your imagination and you'll be fine. To have a special person in your life is special, don't under estimate that

Comment

I think this is the year that puts an end to the SEC title run. My pick is FSU by a couple touchdowns.
                            In all honestly, I think Bama is better than Auburn but someehow, Auburn figured out a way to win against 3 teams that should have beat them. How in the world they beat Bama and Georgia is beyond me.

Remember the last Auburn Championship (w/ Cam Newton)? They were behind to Clemson, SC, Alabama (maybe one more) very late and made a 4th Quarter comeback to win those games.

That was the last undefeated team to win a championship. FSU can be the next.

Lots of good football over the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                              Bern. . . I think you jes' done give me one of the bestest idears I have had in a looooooooong time. If it pans out well, I might jes' owe you a day out on the 'Hoochee Queen. (That's a purty big if though, 'cause I dance so poorly that Gerald Ford looks like Mikhail Baryshnikov in comparison.)
                              If you don't dance with Meaux I will, Count your blessings Marcus. If you ever don't want Meaux give her to me

Comment

Working...
                              X