Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Stock Market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Smart Buyers catch the downs on quality stocks. Institutional makes the up market and individual buyers make the down market. In the long run follow the institutional guys.

    Comment


    • #32
      Woo hoo!

      The Drifter

      The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

      Follow me on Instagram

      Comment


      • #33
        Just like gas prices. What goes up...and you know the rest.
        "What's his offense?"
        "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
        ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

        Comment


        • #34
          YES! 'Bout time for a rebound. I've been watching my retirement pretty close for past 8 months or so, and it's been kinda stagnant. Hope this will kickstart a little upswing.
          BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

          Exodus 29:18
          Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

          Comment


          • #35
            All I know is that I made .05% interest on a Savings Account last year and I made 6.9% on my 401k invested in stocks and insurance contracts. My fund is 30 years old and was a great deal because when I was working my employer put in 50 cents for every dollar I put in up to a max of 5% of gross pay. They also paid 100% of my health and dental insurance, were self insured and paid every cent of whatever claim you had without question (within the limits of $5 million lifetime health and $2500 annual dental for each of the whole family). Those deal's probably don't exist in today's world because that was a different America.

            Comment


            • #36
              Two stocks, HD and Delta, that I have, have increased more than 200% in the last 18 months not bag for a small investment.
              "I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."

              Comment


              • #37
                The Stock Market

                Yes...,now is the time to be in the stock market. I had one fund that had a 13% return last year.

                I guess the million dollar question is when to get out of the market.
                The Drifter

                The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

                Follow me on Instagram

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                  Yes...,now is the time to be in the stock market. I had one fund that had a 13% return last year.

                  I guess the million dollar question is when to get out of the market.
                  If you are young, don't get out. If you are around our age, sell when you can, not when you have to.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Stocks

                    How to have a million dollars in the stock market.
                    First start out with three million in the market.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by FeatherBender View Post
                      How to have a million dollars in the stock market.
                      First start out with three million in the market.
                      Sounds like someone needs to fire their investment adviser!

                      Stocks are always going to be the best place to invest your retirement money. Set it and forget it! If you start young, contribute religiously to your IRA / 401K, and stay the course through the ups and downs, there is no reason you cannot retire with $1.0M or more when you hit 65. Think about it: $1.0M investment account earning a reasonable 5% annual return is generating $50K a year in income. That plus social security will most likely pay the bills and by beer for your average Joe until they die without them ever having to touch their principal.

                      PS: Savings accounts and money market accounts are a joke! You might as well bury your cash in the back yard.
                      Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

                      Buck Henry
                      Simple Goat Herder
                      Former NGTO President
                      Hall of Fame Member

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                        Sounds like someone needs to fire their investment adviser!

                        Stocks are always going to be the best place to invest your retirement money. Set it and forget it! If you start young, contribute religiously to your IRA / 401K, and stay the course through the ups and downs, there is no reason you cannot retire with $1.0M or more when you hit 65. Think about it: $1.0M investment account earning a reasonable 5% annual return is generating $50K a year in income. That plus social security will most likely pay the bills and by beer for your average Joe until they die without them ever having to touch their principal.

                        PS: Savings accounts and money market accounts are a joke! You might as well bury your cash in the back yard.
                        only if Joe is ok w/fishin' local water and he owns his house !
                        " Is it ignorance or is it apathy?
                        Hey man I don't know and I don't care" Jimmy Buffet

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                          Yes...,now is the time to be in the stock market. I had one fund that had a 13% return last year.

                          I guess the million dollar question is when to get out of the market.
                          You never want to get out. Although the older you get, the more conservative you get with your mutual funds.

                          Kurt

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by wtbfishin View Post
                            only if Joe is ok w/fishin' local water and he owns his house !
                            He does.
                            Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

                            Buck Henry
                            Simple Goat Herder
                            Former NGTO President
                            Hall of Fame Member

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                              He does.
                              Haha! Owns his house, 1 mil in the bank makin' 5% + SS, WAY TO GO JOE. That's the American dream isn't it?! Sounds like Joe did a little better than the average Joe to me.
                              " Is it ignorance or is it apathy?
                              Hey man I don't know and I don't care" Jimmy Buffet

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by wtbfishin View Post
                                Haha! Owns his house, 1 mil in the bank makin' 5% + SS, WAY TO GO JOE. That's the American dream isn't it?! Sounds like Joe did a little better than the average Joe to me.
                                That's because the average Joe didn't start saving until he was 45, bought a new house when he was 55, and took out a HELOC to add a big garage when he was 60.

                                It's not hard to retire right, it just takes a little discipline and sacrifice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X