Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should make shopping easier.
    http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/

If you could find a Triumph Stag with Targa top you could get extra punches on your card.

Comment

I drove my father's 1965 Austin Healey 3000 while in high school. There was no car on the road with the engine sound that came out it's muffler. It roared like no other. Miatas don't make the cut. The Corvette Stingray 2014 has the most performance/price of any car. That's where I would put my money.

Comment

Originally posted by hlduke82 View Post
        I drove my father's 1965 Austin Healey 3000 while in high school. There was no car on the road with the engine sound that came out it's muffler. It roared like no other. Miatas don't make the cut. The Corvette Stingray 2014 has the most performance/price of any car. That's where I would put my money.
        That is one sweet car Dukey. Absolute classic. Did it have twin Stromberg Carbs?
        Last edited by Remoh; 09-01-14, 10:34 PM. Reason: crabs to carbs

Comment

Originally posted by hlduke82 View Post
          I The Corvette Stingray 2014 has the most performance/price of any car. That's where I would put my money.
          The 2014 Stingray is high on my list Doc! It might help convince my better half if you were to write me a prescription for a Corvette saying the advanced lumbar support system it has would greatly improve my lower back pain.
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

The Healey did have 2 Stromberg carbs. I knew them intimately. My brother and I overhauled the engine when he could drive and I was too young. We had the cylinders rebored and the piston rings replaced. The engine was a thing of beauty.

Clark, call Bruce and he will fax the Stingray prescription to any Chevrolet dealer that's close to you. It is therapeutic!!

Comment

...when I was a Junior in HS, I drove a Green Healey for less than a month...my know-it-all bro-in-law came to town for Thanksgiving, and told mom, "...it's too much car for Jimmy..."...

She sold it, and I got a '67 Triumph TR 4-A with IRS to replace it...I drove it like a man possessed...!

..just why God allowed me to survive that period of my life...??

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

...here Buck...decide...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...11500298&Log=0

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Corvette

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                  My 3 series is not going anywhere for now, but it is a 2001 and getting old. I am thinking a few years ahead when I am done paying for my last kid's college tuition. Would love to pick up a nice BMW 4 series coupe coming off a lease. I am also still strongly considering a Corvette too. Speaking of Corvettes, Gillseeker currently has a nice black on black Corvette in his inventory that I have been drooling over!
                  I just got another one. Not on the website yet. 1998 white over tan with a tan convertible top....30,000 miles. Older than our normal cars but too sweet to wholesale.
                  There are two types of snakes: Chickensnakes and Cobras. If it ain't got a chicken in it's mouth, it's a cobra.

Comment

Your BMW is anything but a chick car. I drove one for years and anybody who knows me would advise you not to question my man card, which, for the record, I keep next to my U.S. Army Ranger Association card.
                    There are two types of snakes: Chickensnakes and Cobras. If it ain't got a chicken in it's mouth, it's a cobra.

Comment

I love my MX-5 and probably won't ever be without one again. It's just fun to drive and little maintenance.
                      I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton

Comment

Working...
                      X