UGA Suspends Todd Gurley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UGA Suspends Todd Gurley

No, it's not April 1. More forthcoming it seems....

Georgia suspends Todd Gurley

Georgia suspended tailback Todd Gurley from competition indefinitely, according to a news release from UGA.

The decision stems from an ongoing investigation into an alleged violation of NCAA rules, UGA said.

“I’m obviously very disappointed,” UGA coach Mark Richt said. “The important thing for our team is to turn all our attention toward preparation for Missouri.”

Georgia plays at Missouri at noon Saturday.

In five games this season, Gurley, considered by many one of the leading contenders for the Heisman Trophy, gained 773 yards on 94 carries, an average of 8.2 yards per carry, and has eight rushing touchdowns.

"What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

That's a shocker. Too bad for UGA and that kid.

Comment

Well, at least he didn't rape anyone like them QB's a little further south.
      sigpic
      ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
      - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Anyone have more details?

Comment

ughh. The 12 text messages I have received say the speculation/rumor is selling jerseys or signatures.

ESPN has their programming for the next several days now.

I guess we'll see how good the freshman Nick Chubb is.
          If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Falcons are hiring!
            Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
            Simple Goat Herder
            Former NGTO President
            Hall of Fame Member

Comment

From ESPN:

A source told ESPN's Joe Schad that the NCAA investigation centers around whether Gurley was given money for autographs, memorabilia or the use of his likeness. Georgia officials did not reveal the alleged violation.
              Maybe the NCAA will let him pull a Manziel? Nah...
              "What's his offense?"
              "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
              ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

I don't know all the details and I reserve the right to be wrong. Making money is American. NCAA has to rethink. Richt makes Millions and Gurley makes a few 100's and gets suspended. Making money is not a crime

Comment

If that is the case I call full blown horse pucky.

Sent from One Eyed Jacks
                  “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

It's Mark R's excuse so he will have someone else to blame of his lack of success at UGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post
                      I don't know all the details and I reserve the right to be wrong. Making money is American. NCAA has to rethink. Richt makes Millions and Gurley makes a few 100's and gets suspended. Making money is not a crime
                      UGA had no choice in the matter.. A&M had a month or so to "sort out the facts".. I hope this is cleared-up soon and we see him on the field next week. But, that frosh running back (Chub?) looks like he can fill-in pretty well.

Comment

Latest I have seen is that he signed stuff, but unlike the Johnny football case, the guy who gave him money is shopping the video of him signing stuff. Bad bad news all the way around. Even if they don't find any evidence, they can investigate for weeks and he sits until cleared. I'm betting 4 games like A.J. back by Auburn, but we'll be 2-2 in the next 4 if we're lucky.

DD F
                        Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

He didn't get caught soon enough my son goes to Vanderbilt

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post
                            It's Mark R's excuse so he will have someone else to blame of his lack of success at UGA.
                            Ding, ding, ding.....

Comment

In a seemingly unrelated story, Arthur Blank's private jet was seen taking off this morning from PDK and appeared to be on a heading towards Athens, GA.

All kidding aside; can he just quit college and join the NFL? If I was him, I would! Clearly he is motivated by money, so why not just go pro?
                              Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                              Simple Goat Herder
                              Former NGTO President
                              Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Working...
                              X