• Show
Clear All

• Mountain Lion

Found this.Thought it was interesting

https://www.facebook.com/austin.burt...2961980689135/
    Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
    believe that the river is empty.
    Henry Van Dyke

...that's a bog ole dang kitty cat...we saw one once @ 20 yrs back up on the West Fork Chattooga...Believe It...Or Not...

...scared the b-whoopee out of me...the kids thought it was real neat...of course, they slept well that night and I didn't...more difficult to dose off with a 45 Winchester as a bedfellow...

...they're out there...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

We had a black one hanging around my place in Blue Ridge 20+ years ago.
      I saw it asleep in the fork of a massive Poplar tree one sunny fall afternoon.
      Catch the energy
      Release the potential

Comment

Very cool! I've always heard they are around, but I've yet to see one.

Comment

On first glance I don't notice anything in the video to make me doubt the location and time stamp. I've never seen one personally, but there are a few friends I trust that have. Of course there are 100s of "sightings" that are ridiculous...but there are some people who's honesty you just don't question...
          The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

I'm always a bit skeptical of these "sightings". There are way too many folks in the woods on a Saturday morning to not kill one. Couple that with the fact that you never see cougar "roadkill".

I have however, seen a black bear, a deer, two monkeys and a peacock in downtown Atlanta.

Who knows? Anything is possible.n
            The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Yea you never know.I seen this on the Southeastern Flyfishing forum.
              Better watch out on them blue line creeks....
              Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
              believe that the river is empty.
              Henry Van Dyke

Comment

I certainly want to believe that they are out there. But I am kind of in Drifter's court and need a little more proof than a grainy trail cam video before dispelling all doubt. One or two of these puma videos seem to pop up every year, along with the obligatory black panther sighting. You would think that eventually one would fall prey to a mini-van bumper.
                Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                Simple Goat Herder
                Former NGTO President
                Hall of Fame Member

Comment

They're out there. Not sure about here in GA, but in Miss'ippi an' Louisiana I;ve heard 'em caterwallin' in the swamps an' bayous, as well as in the fields around Sumrall an' Hattiesburg, MS. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to know they were in GA as well.

Not sure how brave they are in GA, but I know that in Mississippi my dog, Sam, and my 9mm and SKS kept 'em from thinking they could come in and have all my momma ducks on my ponds.

Typically, they're estimated to be around 60 to 110 lbs in the south. Good sized, yes, but nothing that can't be handled with a well placed round if necessary. Only problem is that they're nocturnal.
                  If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

I have seen one bobcat in my entire life growing up in Florida. Never a panther or puma type.
                    If fishing is religion, Fly Fishing is high church.

-Tom Brokaw-

Comment

Too bad no one can get a Sasquatch on trail cam.

Comment

About 45 years ago I saw a black "swampus kitty" up close one night coon hunting. It was a little smaller than the hounds we were running, with a tail longer than its body. It was in a thicket in some swamp bottoms about a mile back behind where I now live.
                        Some things like that you don't forget. I was ready to get my hind end out of that swamp real quick!
                        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Not in Georgia, but I've seen plenty and they are like Sasquatch in GA. Everyone has a story, just no proof.

Comment

Devoured deer carcass in the vicinity and my wife and sister's hair standing on end hauling *** back to camp was what I remember more than the cat in the tree.1+1= exit might have some 35mm pics.Have to check and see.
                            Catch the energy
                            Release the potential

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                              About 45 years ago I saw a black "swampus kitty" up close one night coon hunting. It was a little smaller than the hounds we were running, with a tail longer than its body. It was in a thicket in some swamp bottoms about a mile back behind where I now live.
                              Some things like that you don't forget. I was ready to get my hind end out of that swamp real quick!
                              Same thing for me Bill. I saw a wampus cat in 1975 on a large tract of private virgin land next to The Tombigbee River in South Al about 2 hours North of Mobile. I was hunting a large white oak mud flat next to the river. Mossy Back Bucks. We had trapped two Bob Cats the same year. Most wild cats I have shined with a light have green eyes, same with coons. This cat was about 30#'s plus with a long tail and had blue eyes when I hit him with the light.

Comment

Working...
                              X