Official 2017-2018 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2017-2018 Atlanta Falcons Thread

And so it begins tonight in pre-season action against the Miami Cetaceans.

In play for this new year:
    - New Stadium
    - Nightmares from Super Bowl LI
    - Basically the same team as in 2016 for the starters
    - Matt Bryant is 42 years old - only Adam Vinatieri in Indy is older

What will happen this year? Repeat for the Bowl or do they even make the playoffs.

The clock starts at 7 pm tonight.

Happy season.
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

We are ready.

Rise up!

Comment

I know it is just pre-season and they are playing prospects that we will probably never see during the regular season, but this team still has not figured out how to finish a stinking game that they are winning!

The Falcons are by far the best 3-Quarter team in the NFL!
      Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
      Simple Goat Herder
      Former NGTO President
      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
        I know it is just pre-season and they are playing prospects that we will probably never see during the regular season, but this team still has not figured out how to finish a stinking game that they are winning!

Unfortunately I missed the game... How did the preseason cheerleaders do? Did the starters cheer, or just the JV squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post

#TFF typical falcons fashion
          We are the music-makers,
          And we are the dreamers of dreams,
          Wandering by lone sea-breakers
          And sitting by desolate streams;
          World losers and world forsakers,
          On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
            Unfortunately I missed the game... How did the preseason cheerleaders do? Did the starters cheer, or just the JV squad?
            It was an away game, so our girls were not on the field. But regardless, let's get this season's Falcons thread off to a good start. Win or lose, the girls are always there to cheer us up!

Buck Henry
            Simple Goat Herder
            Former NGTO President
            Hall of Fame Member

Comment

made me laugh....

Well, since the Bears will suck again this year, thought maybe I would bandwagon with the Falcons this year since many of my ngto friends root for them.

However, this did crack me up. Smart move to put a Chik Fil A that won't be open on Sundays in an NFL stadium....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...st-never-open/
              There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Originally posted by 1908 View Post
                ....However, this did crack me up. Smart move to put a Chik Fil A that won't be open on Sundays in an NFL stadium....
                How many people told Truitt Cathy about how much money he was losing by not opening on Sunday? I will bet of Chik Fil A and I'm not really a fan of their menu.
                Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJesse View Post
                  How many people told Truitt Cathy about how much money he was losing by not opening on Sunday? I will bet of Chik Fil A and I'm not really a fan of their menu.
                  I commend Chif Fil A for being a company with convictions in a world that seemingly has less & less. I don't think they have to focus on anything they may be "losing" by not opening on Sunday, their registers are ringing up billions, their employees have a day off & they are fulfilling their mission as a company that seeks to honor God. They're not losing, they're winning.

Comment

Well, they'll be closed 11 days this year in the MB Stadium, barring playoffs. They'll be open for 15 other events (SEC, Atlanta United, Garth Brooks, etc.) Probably not much lost in the big scheme of Chick-Fil-A accounting. More like a rounding error.

That said...is this the definition of irony?

Chick-fil-A College Kickoff: Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Florida State Seminoles - Sunday, 9/3/2017
                    Last edited by Trout8myfly; 08-18-17, 09:59 AM.
                    "What's his offense?"
                    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Buck Henry's words "the falcons are the best 3 quarter team" will be ringing all year long. That offensive line is looking rough. I switched over to women's gymnashtics halfway through the 4th, way more eventful.
                      Last edited by GoutUnlimited; 08-20-17, 06:45 PM.
                      We are the music-makers,
                      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                      And sitting by desolate streams;
                      World losers and world forsakers,
                      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Nice to see the defense step up and win a game for the Birds! But they did not have to give me a freaking heart attack! One win closer towards another trip to the Superbowl, I will take it!

Oh, and lets get this season started off right with this smoking hot Falcons field supporter.

Buck Henry
                        Simple Goat Herder
                        Former NGTO President
                        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I think I have discovered Buck's preference for pro football and it has nothing to do with the game. College female cheerleaders tend to be small athletic young ladies who are pitched in the air, do flips and tumble and wear b cup bras. Pro cheerleaders most shake their protruding body parts and wear skimper uniforms than there collegiate counterparts, thus their appeal among most males who watch football. Also, there are no male pro cheerleaders, apparently the gay community is not considered a viable market for the sport.
                          Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post

That said...is this the definition of irony?

Chick-fil-A College Kickoff: Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Florida State Seminoles - Sunday, 9/3/2017
                            Actually, this game was played on Saturday, 9/2/17. Maybe definition of calendar error on someone's part...but this has nothing whatsoever to do with the original thread.
                            Gene

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJesse View Post
                              I think I have discovered Buck's preference for pro football and it has nothing to do with the game. College female cheerleaders tend to be small athletic young ladies who are pitched in the air, do flips and tumble and wear b cup bras. Pro cheerleaders most shake their protruding body parts and wear skimper uniforms than there collegiate counterparts, thus their appeal among most males who watch football. Also, there are no male pro cheerleaders, apparently the gay community is not considered a viable market for the sport.
                              You got all of that from that picture? I just thought she had a nice turd cutter.

Buck Henry
                              Simple Goat Herder
                              Former NGTO President
                              Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Working...
                              X