http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/FernValleyBanner_2014.gif
http://georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/2012NovNGTOBanner.gif

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 'bout them...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I'm afraid we are going to have our hands full with MSU. They are one helluva team this year...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
      ...this week, Richmond plays Elon...Bama and Vandy...UGA and Miss St...Auburn and Mizzou...

      ...maybe a surprise or two...


      Blessings!

      Jimmy
      ...forgot about Fla and Ky...maybe the best tv game...not concerned with West coast stuff...

      Blessings!

      Jimmy

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
        ...forgot about Fla and Ky...maybe the best tv game...not concerned with West coast stuff...

        Blessings!

        Jimmy
        If you're not interested in the West Coast stuff you're missing out! The Texas vs USC game was one of the best games of that week (especially with the history) as well as the Rose Bowl last season. It's looking like Sam Darnold and Clay Helton are bringing USC back to the glory days of the 2000's and I'm glad to be here for it. Looks like USC is going to blow out Cal by how things are going rn and Cal has beaten UNC and Ole Miss so far. I will be watching the UGA game tonight as that should be a toss up, but no favorites here. Love how this season is progressing with exciting games overall.
        Last edited by Sighter; 09-23-17, 06:07 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DoubleRainbow View Post
          If you're not interested in the West Coast stuff you're missing out! The Texas vs USC game was one of the best games of that week (especially with the history) as well as the Rose Bowl last season. It's looking like Sam Darnold and Clay Helton are bringing USC back to the glory days of the 2000's and I'm glad to be here for it. Looks like USC is going to blow out Cal by how things are going rn and Cal has beaten UNC and Ole Miss so far. I will be watching the UGA game tonight as that should be a toss up, but no favorites here. Love how this season is progressing with exciting games overall.

          Week 3 did not see a lot of action. That being said I will be watching your boys fall to the cougars. Penn St. Iowa was game of the week for me.
          We are the music-makers,
          And we are the dreamers of dreams,
          Wandering by lone sea-breakers
          And sitting by desolate streams;
          World losers and world forsakers,
          On whom the pale moon gleams.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
            Week 3 did not see a lot of action. That being said I will be watching your boys fall to the cougars. Penn St. Iowa was game of the week for me.


            Other than the miraculous Hail Mary from UF vs the Vols and USC's OT win I agree. It is a conference game and they are 4-0 but I can hardly say those wins concern me when three of those teams were Montana state, Nevada, and Oregon State. We shall see though, you know I'll be watching it!


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #21
              ...Spiders lost to mighty Elon 36-33...must have been a nail-biter...wish I had been there...I am certain some Spiders I know had a good time anyway...

              ...Dawgs had absolutely no problem with Miss St...Fla squeaked by Ky...all else went as I expected, pretty much...

              Blessings!

              Jimmy

              Comment


              • #22
                Sorry the Spiders lost, Jimmy. That was a tough one.

                'Twas hard fer me to see Miss'ippi State lose to Georgia also too. Not that I have ennything ag'inst Georgia, it's only jes' that State abused mah Tigers so bad last week that I wanted to b'lieve that there was somethin' good goin' on in Starkvegas an' that LSU wasn't so bad as to git walloped by a mid-level team.

                After watchin' mah beloved Bayou Bengals try ev'rything they could to give Syracuse the game last night, I was pleased to see that the Orangemen were more determined than my swamp cats to lose that game.

                Congrat's to all the winners yesterday. (Except fer Alabamastan. That was plain abusive what y'all did to poor, little, ol' Vanderbilt.)

                Hope ev'rybody is in a good mood today an' goes an' catches some trouts after church this mornin'! ('Ceptin' fer Buck Henry, since he'll be a-sittin' on the couch an' a-watchin' them grown-up men play that there perfeshunal football today.)
                If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

                Comment


                • #23
                  [QUOTE=Swamp Angel;884900]

                  Congrat's to all the winners yesterday. (Except fer Alabamastan. That was plain abusive what y'all did to poor, little, ol' Vanderbilt.)

                  Just another illustration that if you are a "poor, little, ol' " the time comes when you will have to back up your talk... Actually, I think that Bama showed some respectable restraint, especially in the last series...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                    S
                    After watchin' mah beloved Bayou Bengals try ev'rything they could to give Syracuse the game last night, I was pleased to see that the Orangemen were more determined than my swamp cats to lose that game.
                    Yeah, that was the definition of a "struggle win" there.


                    Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                    S
                    ('Ceptin' fer Buck Henry, since he'll be a-sittin' on the couch an' a-watchin' them grown-up men play that there perfeshunal football today.)
                    Well, maybe. I have about had it up to my ears with this whole protesting thing going on with the NFL. And now the POTUS has stirred the pot big time so I expect half those sum"bitches to be on their knees during the anthem today. I guess the POTUS is playing to his base as he always does and the NFL is attempting to do the same. Will be interesting to see how this plays out (hint, bet on the side that has all the money, the NFL fan base).
                    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

                    Buck Henry
                    Simple Goat Herder
                    Former NGTO President
                    Hall of Fame Member

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Trouty Mouth View Post

                      Just another illustration that if you are a "poor, little, ol' " the time comes when you will have to back up your talk... Actually, I think that Bama showed some respectable restraint, especially in the last series...
                      Yes, Bama did show some restraint. It was still brutal though. The sad part is that Vandy somehow got the idear that they could ackshully hang with Alabamastan through a series or two. I dread that weekend in November when mah Bayou Housecats have to travel to Tusky-loosy. I fear that it ain't gonna be very purty fer those of us wearin' purple an' gold.

                      On the flip side, State whupped us last week, an' then Georgia thumped State real good yesterday. Your big, ol' pachyderms smacked Vandy raht proper, and now (considerin' how Georgia plays ag'inst Vandy) the Commode-odors may very well beat UGA. Sech a thread of wins an' losses really drops mah Tigers waaaaaaaaay on down the list of contenders.

                      On the good side of things, LSU (with the possible exception of Penn State) has the bestest petroleum injuneerin' skule in the country, so I'm gonna start toutin' ackademicks over footbawl purty soon.


                      Now- fer ev'rybody else who is a Georgia fan here (bein' that this is a site based in nawth Georgia) congrat's on a really big win yesterday. I hope y'all are playin' in 'Lanta on that firstest weekend in December fer the SEC Championship. You're gonna have to step it up real big to beat those pachyderms from Tusky-loosy though.
                      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                        Well, maybe. I have about had it up to my ears with this whole protesting thing going on with the NFL. And now the POTUS has stirred the pot big time so I expect half those sum"bitches to be on their knees during the anthem today. I guess the POTUS is playing to his base as he always does and the NFL is attempting to do the same. Will be interesting to see how this plays out (hint, bet on the side that has all the money, the NFL fan base).
                        Amen.

                        Isn't it amazing how much credibility on social issues folks give to Hollywood and to athletes? Actors are folks who make a living pretending to be someone else. Athletes are folks who make a living playing ball. Why would I, or anyone, care where they stand on a social issue?

                        However, as a business owner, if one of my employees was kneeling on old glory while on the clock representing my company and brand, there'd be a closed door meeting shortly thereafter and an Action To Cure, or a termination to follow.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Screwing around at work, thought I'd see how much tickets cost for the UGA vs. MO. I found these... Anyone want to pitch in for the other 3 tickets?


                          Order Details



                          Return to Event
                          Georgia Bulldogs vs. Missouri Tigers



                          October 14, 2017, Time TBD

                          Sanford Stadium
                          Athens Georgia 30602
                          Section 105, Row 36/37
                          Piggyback Seats
                          Seats guaranteed together
                          $6599.00 per ticket (4 tickets)
                          Remove Item Processing & Delivery:
                          None






                          Your Price:
                          $26396.00
                          *All amounts are in USD
                          Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            ...yeah...just imagine some hawker standing outside the stadium mumbling..."got 4"...

                            Vandy-Fla, NC-Ga Tech, UGA-Tenn, Ms St-Auburn, SC-Tx A&M, and Ole Miss-Bama...a busy day for me...I'll probably get carpal tunnel flareup from switching channels...

                            ...Richmond vs Albany won't be on tv...

                            ..." Cath, get the pork rinds and sardines ready"...

                            Blessings!

                            Jimmy

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
                              ...yeah...just imagine some hawker standing outside the stadium mumbling..."got 4"...

                              Vandy-Fla, NC-Ga Tech, UGA-Tenn, Ms St-Auburn, SC-Tx A&M, and Ole Miss-Bama...a busy day for me...I'll probably get carpal tunnel flareup from switching channels...

                              ...Richmond vs Albany won't be on tv...

                              ..." Cath, get the pork rinds and sardines ready"...

                              Blessings!

                              Jimmy
                              This weeks winners:
                              Fla
                              Auburn
                              UGA
                              NC
                              Tx
                              Al

                              What say you?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                                This weeks winners:
                                Fla
                                Auburn
                                UGA
                                NC
                                Tx
                                Al

                                What say you?
                                Fla vs Vandy= Toss up unless Fla's O shows up
                                GT vs UNC= GT, UNC has 19 of 85 scholarship players listed as injured & out plus GT is under the radar like in '14. GT
                                Miss St. vs Auburn= Toss up; each has a great QB and good D, should be a fun game to watch
                                UGA vs Tenn= Has Butch's luck run out? Hope not! UT
                                SC vs Tx A&M= I like SC's QB and D better, both are below avg. SEC teams though(translation Bama then the other 13 weak overrated teams). SC
                                Ole Miss vs Bama= Bama owns
                                Buckman, you keep forgetting how weak the SEC now... Clemson vs VT is a big game too.
                                #JBNavy

                                "Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                                -Chinese Proverb

                                “At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                                -Norman Maclean

                                "We are what we hunt."
                                -PH

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X