No announcement yet.

How 'bout them...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State beat those hill-billies and LSU stomped the rednecks of North West Mississippi JUCO! All is right with the world. Geaux Tigers! and GTHOM!!!

(Apologies for my exuberance to any Ole Miss fans here on the board.)
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

...Spiders lost to Delaware Blue Hens 42-35 in double OT...we are now 4-3 and play Stony Brook next Saturday...

...the SEC and ACC games went pretty much as I expected...UGA vs FLA next Sat at Jacksonville ("neutral" site...right)...

...I have noticed that sports commentators have stopped referring to that game as " The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" which it was called for years and years...don't know what's up with that...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
        State beat those hill-billies and LSU stomped the rednecks of North West Mississippi JUCO! All is right with the world. Geaux Tigers! and GTHOM!!!

(Apologies for my exuberance to any Ole Miss fans here on the board.)
        Swampy, as an alumni if the actual NWJC, I object with you confusing Oxford JC with the fine institute I attended located in Senatobia, MS. Senatobia is the English attempt at pronouncing the Chickasaw word that means White Sycamore.
        Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

If you're a hopeless Falcons fan, thank the Lord for the Dawgs. Until AL rolls up at season's end....
          sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
          "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

For the record, I was a sampler when it came to college, attending numerous and finally graduating and going through grad school at Memphis State (long story). My wife is a GA Southern grad. But most all of our best friends through the years are UGA grads so we sort of got sucked into the Red and Black Hole, except when GA Southern prostitutes itself out to the Dawgs.

Comment

Originally posted by terry creech View Post
              If you're a hopeless Falcons fan, thank the Lord for the Dawgs. Until AL rolls up at season's end....
              Aside from PennState, the national championship "could be" played as the SEC championship game. The BCS final could be anti-climactic.
              BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
              Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Saquon Barkely is looking like the real Heisman contender this year but there are still a few more weeks to go! Tragic loss for my team this weekend but we just have to hope to win the conference and have something to show for our recent underperformance. I'd love to see a UGA vs Alabama game

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                  Aside from PennState, the national championship "could be" played as the SEC championship game. The BCS final could be anti-climactic.
                  True, and sadly the loser (likely UGA) won't make the playoffs. I actually hate the playoff system, it's just about more games/money. Pretty soon it'll be an 8 team bracket and last till Feb.

Comment

...here's what I'll see...I'm gonna be juggling remotes Saturday...

Friday...FSU @ Boston College

Saturday...Miami @ North Carolina
                    Arkansas @ Ole Miss
                    Penn St @ Ohio St
                    UGA @ FLA (neutral site... my Aunt Tina)
                    North Carolina @ Notre Dame
                    Vandy @ South Carolina
                    Mississippi St @ Texas A & M
                    Tennessee @ Kentucky
                    Ga Tech @ Clemson

...WHEW..!! I'll need a couple of tins of tiny sardines, smoked oysters, deviled ham, and some Ritz crackers and RC cola, please mam...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
                      ...here's what I'll see...I'm gonna be juggling remotes Saturday...

Friday...FSU @ Boston College

Saturday...Miami @ North Carolina
                      Arkansas @ Ole Miss
                      Penn St @ Ohio St
                      UGA @ FLA (neutral site... my Aunt Tina)
                      North Carolina @ Notre Dame
                      Vandy @ South Carolina
                      Mississippi St @ Texas A & M
                      Tennessee @ Kentucky
                      Ga Tech @ Clemson

...WHEW..!! I'll need a couple of tins of tiny sardines, smoked oysters, deviled ham, and some Ritz crackers and RC cola, please mam...

Blessings!

Jimmy

My picks for winners this week (my batting avg improved last week):
                      FSU
                      Miami
                      Arkansas
                      Penn St
                      GA
                      Notre Dame
                      SC
                      Miss St
                      KY
                      Clemson

What say you?

I'm calling an audible... Ohio State will beat Penn State. GA will be ranked #2 after this weekend.
                      Last edited by buckman1; 10-27-17, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                        My picks for winners this week (my batting avg improved last week):
                        FSU
                        Miami
                        Arkansas
                        Penn St
                        GA
                        Notre Dame
                        SC
                        Miss St
                        KY
                        Clemson

What say you?
                        Yeah man. I agree with those predictions, but I would love to see GA Tech win. I just love that old school running game. I'm not a tech fan, per se, just like that style of run them down offense.

Being from the northeast and having attended Rutgers, I can't say I really support a college team up there, but by proxy of my little man, Spence, I am apparently also a UGA fan. One of the boys I used to train from the MLB minors, walked on UGA as special teams and back up something or other, so spencer thinks we have to support the Dawgs, and the fact that they are winning, well that's making it too easy. A gators fan neighbor asked spencer the other day if he was going to play linebacker at florida when he went to college and he balked at them, nearly walking away in disbelief and said, "I'm a dawg!"

He and I are attending our first SEC game - UGA v SC - which I think will be fun.

DblRainbow - USC's loss... they've been hanging on by a thread all season it seems, they're really struggling this year.

Comment

FSU
                          Miami
                          Ole Miss
                          Penn St
                          UGA
                          Notre Dame
                          Vandy
                          Mississippi St
                          Kentucky
                          Clemson (though I'm sure it will be a great game)

Splatek- Yeah it is frustrating as we have the most talent we've had in years yet things aren't meshing well. Just need to stop all the turnovers and get some run defense going, but that is easier said than done. With a relatively easy schedule for the rest of the season I'm just hoping for the best

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                            Yeah man. I agree with those predictions, but I would love to see GA Tech win. I just love that old school running game. I'm not a tech fan, per se, just like that style of run them down offense.

Being from the northeast and having attended Rutgers, I can't say I really support a college team up there, but by proxy of my little man, Spence, I am apparently also a UGA fan. One of the boys I used to train from the MLB minors, walked on UGA as special teams and back up something or other, so spencer thinks we have to support the Dawgs, and the fact that they are winning, well that's making it too easy. A gators fan neighbor asked spencer the other day if he was going to play linebacker at florida when he went to college and he balked at them, nearly walking away in disbelief and said, "I'm a dawg!"

He and I are attending our first SEC game - UGA v SC - which I think will be fun.

DblRainbow - USC's loss... they've been hanging on by a thread all season it seems, they're really struggling this year.
                            @Splatek16 and DblRainbow, I agree with you on GT's run game. It has been proven to be the equalizer no matter the talent. GT would get more and higher rated athletes but for some reason the Georgia Board of Regents does not want the estimated additional $1 Billion in funding and profits that would occur if GT's undergraduate portfolio were to expand to be comparable to other state schools. Just to give you an idea, GT has 45 majors while UGA for example has 170 majors. BUT Tech grads can say that 1 in 5 is a millionaire.
                            Your son is becoming quite his own man! Long as he is a Braves and Falcons fan as well then he is on the right path!
                            Far as USC goes, it looks like it comes back to coaching again. USC has the athletes but collectively it does not seem like the coaching staff's they have assembled have been able to break through the next level with the program. The Pac-12 has just not looked good since Oregon was in the NC game in 2010. On to the scores:
                            Miami big over UNC
                            BC over FSU- FSU's leading RB is out indefinitely
                            ND edges NCST
                            GT vs CU- Toss up. If GT plays a perfect game watch out, otherwise CU
                            Ole Miss revenge after last weekends loss
                            UGA unless UF plays a perfect and classic game
                            Tx A&M over Miss St. as Mullens crew is reeling
                            UT over UK as this is for Butch's job
                            Penn St. because nobody likes Urban's whining
                            USC they are due
                            #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                            -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                            -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                            -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                              @Splatek16 and DblRainbow, I agree with you on GT's run game. It has been proven to be the equalizer no matter the talent. GT would get more and higher rated athletes but for some reason the Georgia Board of Regents does not want the estimated additional $1 Billion in funding and profits that would occur if GT's undergraduate portfolio were to expand to be comparable to other state schools. Just to give you an idea, GT has 45 majors while UGA for example has 170 majors. BUT Tech grads can say that 1 in 5 is a millionaire.

Your son is becoming quite his own man! Long as he is a Braves and Falcons fan as well then he is on the right path!

Far as USC goes, it looks like it comes back to coaching again. USC has the athletes but collectively it does not seem like the coaching staff's they have assembled have been able to break through the next level with the program. The Pac-12 has just not looked good since Oregon was in the NC game in 2010. On to the scores:

Miami big over UNC

ND edges NCST

USC they are due

Phil, we don't watch organized grab A** (i.e. Baseball), and we are Philadelphia eagles fans. I was born and raised. But he likes the falcons too, even though I'm trying to cure him of that delusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                                Miami big over UNC
                                ND edges NCST
                                USC they are due
                                Yeah we've gone through coaches faster than I go through nymphs haha. I agree about the Pac-12 not looking the best so far especially with Washington and Washington State dropping in the rankings, but I'm just hoping for a Conference win on USC's part and seeing where the season takes us!

Comment

Working...
                                X