How 'bout them...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'bout them...

...Spiders...my guys beat Colgate 20-17 yesterday...

Dawgs did well...Auburn, not so...

...how'd your team do...?

Blessings!

Jimmy

Congrat's to Richmond! (My fraternity was founded there in 1901, thus I must support the Spiders in all their endeavors.) Y'all played pretty well yesterday.

My own LSU Bayou Bengals took UT Chattanooga to the wood shed even with all the crazy penalties we committed. Up next for us is Miss'ippi State who beat the tarnelly out of Louisiana Tech last night. I respect and like State on behalf of Miss'ippi State alumni like my younger brother, and UncleJesse here on NGTO. My niece is a freshman there and plays in their marching band (trombone as a matter of fact, so now bonedog has been drawn in to this thread).

This season has been fun so far, but I'm a-hopin' that those Miss'ippi Stae Bulldogs don't get enny serious idears 'bout beating two Louisiana teams in consecutive weeks.

And, insofar as it geauxs regardin' the local favorite (Georgia Bulldawgs), congrat's on a great win! It was wonderful for this ol' coon-*** to see UGA fans take over South Bend, Indiana and travel like we tend to do at LSU. Y'all made me proud! (Hope to meet y'all in Atlanta this December.)
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

...crazy Cath: graduated from Mississippi State, after having attended Millsaps and Ole Miss (...chasin' boys...)

...she cares nothing for college sports...she is more interested in literature...

Blessings!

Jimmy
      Last edited by Counslrman; 01-18-18, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Counslrman View Post
        ...crazy Cath: [ATTACH]17248[/ATTACH] graduated from Mississippi State, after having attended Millsaps and Ole Miss (...chasin' boys...)

...she cares nothing for college sports...she is more interested in literature...

Blessings! Jimmy
        She must have been the one who colored in the books at Ole Miss' library.

State & La Tech may have been the craziest game of all time; 3 blocked kicks in the first quarter; blocked punt returned for TD, same D Lineman also returned blocked field goal for a TD, in the 4th La Tech blocked extra point run back for 2 pts. La Tech punted on 4th and goal (after losing 90 yards on a fumble on 2nd down).

As this was a SEC / Sunbelt game, been trying to find out where the officials were from, they were not impressive.

My next door neighbor is a UGA grad had a killer weekend; Cubs game, golf, tours of the city, Notre Dame game and Bear / Falcons today. Now his flight is cancelled coming back. He's with 3 buds so they will make it back. School is cancelled tomorrow, he's an asst. principal.
        Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

...Richmond Spiders play Howard Bison @ 2:00...

...Tenn & Fla ought to be interesting, as well as S Caro & Kentucky...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

...my Spiders beat the Howard Bison 68-21...go team...!

...how did ya'll do...??

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Not college, but Spencer's 6U team Collins Hill Eagles beat mill creek 34-19. He pays linebacker on D, made some great tackles, ran in two extra points at full back.
              Can you tell I'm proud.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Colorado State

No, we did not win in bamaville. Did not expect to when viewed realistically but the Rams put up some pretty good numbers on the elephants, but NOT on the scoreboard. Comparing:

- CSU put up almost 400 yards of offense against a highly ranked defense
                - CSU had 22 1st downs to bama's 23
                - CSU had the ball 34 minutes to bama's 26

All in all a pretty good day plus the $1.5 Million they take home with them. I sent Bobo a note and suggested they get a carry out order from Dreamland for the flight home.

Tuscaloosa was hospitable enough that the Rams would like to invite bama to come play a game in the Rams brand new stadium, say, late November for the full CSU experience of mile high air and maybe even snow! 8- )

Comment

...Marc...wha'happen w LSU...??

...Cath was for MS...I was for LSU...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

LSU went in and played like a bunch of sand lot thugs. Penalties, penalties, penalties. The offensive PI that got the first TD called back was bogus and LSU should have had that score, but two (not one, but TWO) targeting calls and ejections is completely unacceptable.

My hat is off to State. They executed very well. If LSU's gameplan was to go in an have their patoot handed to them then LSU executed their gameplan perfectly as well.

I will be pulling for a Mississippi State National Championship this year.
                    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                      LSU went in and played like a bunch of sand lot thugs. Penalties, penalties, penalties. The offensive PI that got the first TD called back was bogus and LSU should have had that score, but two (not one, but TWO) targeting calls and ejections is completely unacceptable.

My hat is off to State. They executed very well. If LSU's gameplan was to go in an have their patoot handed to them then LSU executed their gameplan perfectly as well.

I will be pulling for a Mississippi State National Championship this year.
                      In all honesty, although my alma mater benefited I think one of the targeting penalties may have just be a failure by the player to compensate properly for the speed of the ball carrier. There is a short distance between the shoulder pad and the helmet. I don't want to see anyone injured but I don't want for football to become flag football either.

My brother had some friends over at his home in Baton Rouge, apparently the jury at his home delivered the verdict that Orgeron should move out of the honeymoon suite.
                      Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Coach Orgeron was asked by a reporter about his team's execution, and replied, "I'm in favor of it. Most of them need it."
                        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                          Coach Orgeron was asked by a reporter about his team's execution, and replied, "I'm in favor of it. Most of them need it."

That's an old John McKay quote from when he was coaching the Bucs.
                          https://www.espn.com/classic/obit/s/...7/1200798.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          "What's his offense?"
                          "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                          ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Baylor players must be looking for women......

Comment

...this week, Richmond plays Elon...Bama and Vandy...UGA and Miss St...Auburn and Mizzou...

...maybe a surprise or two...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                              X