Thank you Matt Lauer, et al - another Christmas tradition bites the dust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
    How about we start a new holiday tradition; hot Santa helpers!

\

This is how one of those unlimited threads over at the Drake started isn't it? Not that I would know anything about that, Fishinpreacher.

Comment

For Bhuk & Gatorbyte

This post is too sexist thank to Bhuk Henri, we must be more inclusive so Gatorbyte has some eye candy too...

Awesome Al
      RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Words cannot express what that picture does to the reputation of the people of the state of Minnesota.
        Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Stop Immediately!

NGTO must immediately stop posting any photos showing teddy bears in sexist and compromising circumstances. This is degrading to the teddies and likely makes old ladies get hot flashes and perspire.

Stop It Stop It Stop It!

In other news, it does appear that the court of public opinion does not follow that of legal courts with the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, nor the right to face your accuser.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
            In other news, it does appear that the court of public opinion does not follow that of legal courts with the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, nor the right to face your accuser.
            No, but if you sue your accuser for slander you can get it all on record, under oath, in a courtroom, with perjury in play.

Rscott: Thanks for that. Now I need brain bleach.
            "What's his offense?"
            "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
            ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

How we got from transgender bathrooms to this point in one year is a mystery
              Catch the energy
              Release the potential

Comment

SNL Skitt

Even SNL had a tongue-n-cheek skit on the whole business of "sexual misconduct" basically saying it's starting to get a little old with accusers coming out of the woodwork. And a question, has anyone heard about an accusation on someone who is NOT rich and in acting or a position of authority?

Comment

Literally been snowed in so just now reading this.

I'm surprised more men in the private sector don't sue to protect/restore their good name if such accusations are false. I would unload.

Fairly or not, it's a different playing field when it comes to public figures, including politicians. But since we don't talk politics around here there's other websites to discuss those examples, right?
                  sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                  "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Originally posted by terry creech View Post
                    Literally been snowed in so just now reading this.

I'm surprised more men in the private sector don't sue to protect/restore their good name if such accusations are false. I would unload.

Fairly or not, it's a different playing field when it comes to public figures, including politicians. But since we don't talk politics around here there's other websites to discuss those examples, right?

That's what I was referencing, it won't make the news when someone settles out of court for many millions in damages. Matt lauer made 20 mil a year so I'm guessing he'd start with 20 mil x however many years were left on that contract. That is, if he's innocent.

Snl had a great skit a few years ago with tom brady where a normal looking guy would ask a girl out and get accused of harassment. Then tom Brady would walk around in the office in his underwear and it's not harassment. Pretty funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                    -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Am I the only one this attitude of let's hang everyone accused so we're sure to get the guilty bothers? Maybe I watched too many western movies where the sheriff held off the mob, so the accused could be a fair trial as a kid.

Comment

Uncle,
                        I think we live in a time where truth has nothing to do with facts. Truth has been interchanged with belief/faith. Very dangerous way to live life. Also no one wants to be accountable for their own actions and they want another person to be absolved of their actions if they have the same beliefs as they do. And of course persecute all others that don't believe the same way. Many, many people have died because of this type of belief system.

Really sad after all these decades of public education, wars on poverty and drugs, wars between people, we haven't moved on inch toward a more civilized world.

Comment

Indeed!

" ... Truth has been interchanged with belief/faith. Very dangerous way to live life. Also no one wants to be accountable for their own actions and they want another person to be absolved of their actions if they have the same beliefs as they do. And of course persecute all others that don't believe the same way. Many, many people have died because of this type of belief system. ..."

Sounds like a good description of the Dark Ages, the last era in which the world was ruled by a few religious sects.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJesse View Post
                            Am I the only one this attitude of let's hang everyone accused so we're sure to get the guilty bothers? Maybe I watched too many western movies where the sheriff held off the mob, so the accused could be a fair trial as a kid.

I think we're on the same page Jesse. The news won't cover the case when/if these people prove their innocence. But if that takes a year or so, in matt lauers case, he'd be out 20 million. That's a little past the oh it's ok stage in my book. He'll be suing anybody and everybody responsible to recoup his losses

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                            -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by eyeflyfish View Post
                              Really sad after all these decades of public education, wars on poverty and drugs, wars between people, we haven't moved on inch toward a more civilized world.
                              Ever hear of the theory of de-evolution. Mankind moving backward as the globe continues to spin. Look and some of the works of the ancients without the use of power tools, computers, modern power. Makes you think. Original thought, without a reference or Google.

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                                I think we're on the same page Jesse. The news won't cover the case when/if these people prove their innocence. But if that takes a year or so, in matt lauers case, he'd be out 20 million. That's a little past the oh it's ok stage in my book. He'll be suing anybody and everybody responsible to recoup his losses

Matt Lauer has admitted guilt and was fired. I guess a civil suit might get some of his money, for "hitting on" women in the workplace. Or, he might sue for slander. Which ain't gonna happen since he has already admitted to some of the charges. It seems that those that admit some guilt have been fired or resigned. While all others have to do is "deny" (even though it is multiple accusers and corroborating evidence) and nothing happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X