• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Christmas Story

Comment

Originally posted by huntfish View Post
      A Christmas Story
      Alíraht. Thatís what I was a-waitiní fer. Youíre gonna be watched closely now. Thatís the leastest favíritest of mah Christmas movies. I have a firm belief that itís way overplayed this time of year. Youíre on mah watch list as a possible enemy insurgent and a possible spy.
      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

They're redoing Christmas Story and turned it into an abomination musical with Ferris Buhler and that chick from SNL with the mole on her face.
        We are the music-makers,
        And we are the dreamers of dreams,
        Wandering by lone sea-breakers
        And sitting by desolate streams;
        World losers and world forsakers,
        On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

'A Christmas Story'

I would agree with the resident grumpies that yes, they run 'A Christmas Story' way too much. The old Turner Station marathon was okay giving everyone a chance to watch. Had not heard about a musical version but I with hold judgement until I see it.

To appreciate 'A Christmas Story' it really helps to read a collection of Gene Shepherd's short stories. Shepherd is the author of the story, helped write the screen play and is the narrator in the movie. If you read his collections you figure out that 'A Christmas Story' is a roll-up of several different short stories adapted to Christmas. A couple of my favorites include going to the prom, 'Wanda Hickies' Night of Golden Memories' and another one when he falls madly in love with a hot Polish girl.

For myself, it is like watching my childhood in northern Ohio right down to the flag pole in the school yard and no, I NEVER put my tongue on it! The movie is set in Gary, IN but actually filmed in Cleveland. The house used in the movie is now a tourist attraction and they still still the leg lamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
            Alíraht. Thatís what I was a-waitiní fer. Youíre gonna be watched closely now. Thatís the leastest favíritest of mah Christmas movies. I have a firm belief that itís way overplayed this time of year. Youíre on mah watch list as a possible enemy insurgent and a possible spy.
            The Bumpus Hounds are looking forward to your turkey!

Comment

Working...
            X