snow in Columbus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow in Columbus

...it's been snowing here since midnight last...about 1 1/2 " but it probably won't stay long after it stops...by tomorrow, I expect we'll be cleared up and cold...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Dewy Rose checking in.
    About one inch of snow on the grass and vehicles.
    Temperature 29* and steady
    Come on sunshine!

UPDATE!
    Left work around 10:00, about 2" in Royston
    About the same in Dewy Rose, Temp dropping, now 28*
    Sunshine, cold
    Come on Spring!
    Last edited by fishnpreacher; 01-17-18, 11:24 AM.
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

NE Gwinnett got around 1"; 18 deg. at 8 a.m. Only 2 months and 4 days to the official start of Spring, but who is counting.
      Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Larrytown checking in. I tried getting out to work on the other side of town in Hiram this morning around 5:00AM. Even in a 4WD Hummer it was a bit of an ordeal. Typically, when it snows here, it's a wet snow. This one is a true Yankee snow that a person can't even make a good snowball with. The streets are slick and brakes will do you no good.

I'll be glad to take the day off and make it up on Saturday. Better to trade out a day on the weekend than to wind up a statistic.

Y'all stay warm and safe today!
        If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

A solid 2 inches here in north Cobb.
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I love to remember days like this in July and August when everyone is whining about the heat. Reinforces the wisdom of spending most of my life south of the southern boundary of the Volunteer state. I did live about 2 miles north of it for 3 years.
            Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Working...
            X