No announcement yet.

2018 Atlanta Braves Baseball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may need some salt for my words three posts up. Except for one pitch Teheran looked pretty good tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Both games, last 2 nights have been kickin' it. Take away a misplayed flyball last night and it wasn't as close as it seemed. But innings 7-9 belong to Bravos.
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I don't know how far we will make it in the playoffs but I am just glad to see some post season baseball again. Regardless of how it shakes out, I would have never thought we would be where we are right now. You gotta give props to the braves. They never quit. The 7th inning rolls around and they find a second gear and fight to the finish every night. With the addition of Albies and Acuna, they have brought alot of fun back to the dugout and the guys seem like they are really enjoying playing each day and with the amount of young talent we now have I can't help but feel good about our future over the next few years. Go Braves!!!!
          I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
          sigpic

Comment

Mike Foltynewicz needs to be on an an American League team. Itís embarrassing to watch him at the plate.

"What's his offense?"

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
              I don't know how far we will make it in the playoffs but I am just glad to see some post season baseball again. Regardless of how it shakes out, I would have never thought we would be where we are right now. You gotta give props to the braves. They never quit. The 7th inning rolls around and they find a second gear and fight to the finish every night. With the addition of Albies and Acuna, they have brought alot of fun back to the dugout and the guys seem like they are really enjoying playing each day and with the amount of young talent we now have I can't help but feel good about our future over the next few years. Go Braves!!!!

This!

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
                Mike Foltynewicz needs to be on an an American League team. Itís embarrassing to watch him at the plate.

He was drafted by Houston so thereís that. Stunk it up this start. Tomorrow we have to beat Kershaw.
                #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
                -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                -PH

Comment

That was a butt kickin. Foltzy will be a stud, just not yet this far into his career. Newcomb also along with several others. Braves are gonna be a force. This unexpected postseason is like gravy as an appetizer.

Now, somehow convince Harper to come to right field for this young stud team. The Braves have the money. Markasis has been great but right now Harper is available. Add him and another catcher (and even that's not do or die) and the braves add 30 home runs to go along with what would be one the best defenses in MLB. Let these pitchers mature and lookout, rest of the league.
                  sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                  "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Originally posted by terry creech View Post
                    That was a butt kickin. Foltzy will be a stud, just not yet this far into his career. Newcomb also along with several others. Braves are gonna be a force. This unexpected postseason is like gravy as an appetizer.

Now, somehow convince Harper to come to right field for this young stud team. The Braves have the money. Markakis has been great but right now Harper is available. Add him and another catcher (and even that's not do or die) and the braves add 30 home runs to go along with what would be one the best defenses in MLB. Let these pitchers mature and lookout, rest of the league.
                    In the last two years Suzuki and the Braves signed one-year contracts by September. That did not happen this year and he is a free agent on Saturda....err...after the season. Suzuki, 35, might retire if not offered an extension. Flowers, 32, is already in a new contract for 2019 with an extension option for 2020.

I like the idea of Harper joining the team (Markakis turns 35 in November and his contract expires this year) but the main need IMNSHO is a better bullpen and at least one more starter.
                    "What's his offense?"

Comment

It ain't over yet!
                      Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                      Simple Goat Herder
                      Former NGTO President
                      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

The Braves have a lot more money to spend next season but Iím not sure they want to pay what Harper will be asking. If one is available Iíd love to see a good young catcher. Suzuki was a good clubhouse guy and a decent hitter but no better than average behind the plate. Theyíve got to find a top reliever.

Comment

We had it all the way. I'm going to need blood pressure meds if our relief pitching doesn't start finding the strike zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbait View Post
                            We had it all the way. I'm going to need blood pressure meds if our pitching doesn't start finding the strike zone.
                            FIFY. Talk about beating the statistical odds... nine walks and the Braves won. NINE!

Oh and I would be ok with Harper here and adding an SP and two relievers. We have good catchers coming up through the minors.
                            #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                            -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
                            -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                            -PH

Comment

Vizcaino is always a heart attack. Can't get focused unless he puts two on base. Has the makings to be a great closer but he walks as many or more as the rest of them.

Comment

Go Dawgs.

Comment

Working...
                                X