falcons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
    Are the Eagle sticking with Foles as their starter? I would think so but he is still technically their back up QB.
    I don't think so. Carson Wentz is reported as not 100% and they don't want to release him until he is. I get that, particularly when Foles, SuperBowl MVP is your "backup"

Comment

Need a new offensive coordinator. The players are not the issue.
      Cohutta Chapter of Trout Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
        I don't think so. Carson Wentz is reported as not 100% and they don't want to release him until he is. I get that, particularly when Foles, SuperBowl MVP is your "backup"
        And, why risk him when you're only facing Matt Ryan? He had a stellar 54 Rating last night. But on the bright side, it is only up from there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sible-to-trust

From the article:

The best quote from anyone, possibly ever, about Ryan didn't come from either postgame locker room. It came from Hall of Famer Steve Young on ESPN.

"He's a solid player," Young said. "He doesn't get overwhelmed. I feel like he's ahead of the game. What I want to do is say, 'Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan.' That's what I want to do. But it just keeps not happening. ... I want Matt to step up and make that last drive."

"Matt's been playing great football for a long time, but there is something about that last bit of getting to Everest," Young continued. "That last base camp all the way to the top that Matt just needs to climb himself."

Sorry Falcons fans.

Go Packers!

FM
        The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Bad news from the game...Keanu out for the season:

FLOWERY BRANCH — The Falcons confirmed that strong safety Keanu Neal is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee on Friday.

Neal played 37 of 72 defensive snaps (51 percent) in the 18-12 loss to the Eagles on Thursday.

He left the game and then returned, only to leave again. The initial reports were that the injury was not serious.

Neal loss could be devastating to the Falcons’ defense. He’s the team’s big-hitter and run support stuffer.

Neal was named to the Pro Bowl following the 2017 season and has played in 31 games since joining the Falcons as a first-round draft selection in 2016. He has totaled 220 tackles (154 solo) with one interception, 15 passes defensed and eight forced fumbles.

Damontae Kazee, a second-year free safety from San Diego State, took over for Neal and played 35 snaps (49 percent) against the Eagles. He had a big hit on Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert that led to an interception by linebacker Deion Jones.

The Falcons added some depth at safety by trading for Jordan Richards, a second-round pick in 2015, on Aug. 31. The Falcons sent a conditional 2020 seventh-round pick to the Patriots for Richards.

The Falcons were set at safety with free safety Ricardo Allen and Neal as the starters, but Kazee was the star of the exhibition season.
          "What's his offense?"
          "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
          ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Comedy of errors last night and lousy play calling.
            sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
            "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Vs Saints

Last team with the ball is gonna win this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              "What's his offense?"

Comment

**** what a game! I hate OT, rattles my nerves!

Comment

No shame in that loss. OK, well maybe a little bit of shame from the complete lack of defense.
                  Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                  Simple Goat Herder
                  Former NGTO President
                  Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Not one but two Falcon defenders should have laid Brees out like a butchered hog. Instead he waltzes into the end zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    "What's his offense?"

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, no other team that scored 30+ points Sunday lost. The defense looked poor and I noticed that if the offensive could have just not gone 3 and out a couple of times the Falcons would have won.

Comment

Kind of surprised the Falcons D is lacking, considering D was Quinn’s specialty in Seattle? Still not panic time but definitely a sense or urgency to get it fixed quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                          Kind of surprised the Falcons D is lacking, considering D was Quinn’s specialty in Seattle? Still not panic time but definitely a sense or urgency to get it fixed quickly.
                          Two starting pass rushers(Takk McKinley & Derek Shelby) were out or possible for this game, the top LB is out for another 6-8wks and Keanu Neal the stud FS is out with a torn ACL. We do not have the best depth on D and it is showing. That however was an unexcusable and pathetic loss to the Saints. Brees has no weapons outside of Kamara and Ryan has possibly the greatest bounty of RB's, TE's and WR's to choose from.
                          #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                          -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                          -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                          -PH

Comment

The NFL shouldn't allow a game to be decided on one possession based on a coin toss.
                            sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                            "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Originally posted by terry creech View Post
                              The NFL shouldn't allow a game to be decided on one possession based on a coin toss.
                              Agree 100%. I like the college OT rules better. Or just have a 10 minute quarter and let it play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                                Two starting pass rushers(Takk McKinley & Derek Shelby) were out or possible for this game, the top LB is out for another 6-8wks and Keanu Neal the stud FS is out with a torn ACL. We do not have the best depth on D and it is showing. That however was an unexcusable and pathetic loss to the Saints. Brees has no weapons outside of Kamara and Ryan has possibly the greatest bounty of RB's, TE's and WR's to choose from.
                                Agree.

On a side note, We have a very good QB, but not a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, or Big Ben.

Comment

Working...
                                X