No announcement yet.

SEC 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the SEC teams won their games, wait, thats wrong, every SEC team EXCEPT Tennessee won their games.

And congrats to LSU for generating opening weekend excitement, it won't last past October.

My favorite time of the year, blowouts, semi-upsets, and trash talking. Did I mention Tennessee lost?
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

...looking forward to LSU @ Auburn Saturday...GO Tigers (LSU) !...they're gonna need you Marc...Jordan-Hare Stadium is a tough place for visitors when they get to hollerin'...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

I'll be there in spirit. I made the Auburn/LSU game last year in Death Valley and just about left after the Barners got up on us by 20 before the second quarer even really got started. (Glad I stayed, though. It was a great come back.)

I'll be watching my Bayou Bengals from the comfort of the living room here in Larry Town this weekend, wearing Leonard Marshall's LSU helmet from 1982 which was reunited with me this afternoon after a twenty-seven year separation. An old fraternity brother found it in his attic. (Long story about how this helmet disappeared, how I searched for it for years, and how it magically re-appeared after more than a quarter of a century.)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
        If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

The helmet size is stamp 7 5/8, don't get lost in there.
          Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

...not quite SEC, but my Spiders beat St. Francis (PA) 35-27 Thursday 9-13...we play Stony Brook next Sat. 9-22...Go Arachnids !...

...hope Dawgs don't trip up vs. Mid TN...Bama ought to have an easy go...LSU has my best wishes vs Auburn...Jordan-Hare is a tough arena for visitors...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Swampy, loved the "displaced looks"of them barner fans. Bayou bengals are back.

Comment

Good job Tiggers. The SEC is shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with. Whoever wins the SEC championship will most likely be Natty champs too
                BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by watkins View Post
                  Swampy, loved the "displaced looks"of them barner fans. Bayou bengals are back.
                  Just curious why is Auburn a "barner" school since they are a land-grant institution like LSU, Miss Statte, Georgia, etc.. and have a veterinary school like these institutions.. Just wondering.?

Comment

Originally posted by raptor View Post
                    Just curious why is Auburn a "barner" school since they are a land-grant institution like LSU, Miss Statte, Georgia, etc.. and have a veterinary school like these institutions.. Just wondering.?
                    1996 LSU at Auburn game. The Auburn fieldhouse (the barn) burnt to the ground in the background as the game was going on. Amazing win for LSU that game, but the announcers were more concerned with the fire by the time the fourth qtr started.
                    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                      1996 LSU at Auburn game. The Auburn fieldhouse (the barn) burnt to the ground in the background as the game was going on. Amazing win for LSU that game, but the announcers were more concerned with the fire by the time the fourth qtr started.
                      So, that is the reason Auburn is a "barner" school? Actually, it is a term that bama fans use to "put-down" Auburn as an institution of science, agriculture, fisheries, veterinary medicine, etc... Bear Bryant started the "barner" thingy by calling Auburn the "cow college"...

Comment

I predict it will be ugly in Auburn next Saturday, Arkansas who lost to North Texas State comes to visit the wounded Plainsmen. The results will probably be smoked ribs and chops.
                        Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

...I was sitting in the stands directly in front of the fire that year...my dentist invited me to use the ticket his wife was not using...it got hot and folks were watching the fire over the top rail of the stadium...

...yesterday, I told son Adam as we watched that when LSU failed to tie with the 2-point play, it would be worse for Auburn if LSU stopped them and scored on a field goal winning by 1...prophetic, I am, sometimes...

...Dawg and Bama were ok...Wisconsin lost...some shakeups in the top 10...

Blessings!

Jimmy

...just realized I titled this thread with the wrong year...must have been thinking ahead...

Comment

...Can Mizzou thwart the Dawgs...?

...feel sorry for Razorbacks this week, if things go as I expect in Jordan-Hare...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Big Dawg fan-think they are really, really good. That said appears to me that there is Alabama on one level and all the rest of us a couple of steps down

Comment

Originally posted by Gene W View Post
                                Big Dawg fan-think they are really, really good. That said appears to me that there is Alabama on one level and all the rest of us a couple of steps down
                                Ah that is called perspective. Smart man. Not a dwag fan but you are absolutely right. The SEC is still unproven outside of Bama. UGA may be headed in the right direction but still unproven. The west is going to eat itself to a degree again between Auburn and LSU and MSU and the east does not have anyone outside of UGA.
                                #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                                -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                                -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                                -PH

Comment

Working...
                                X