SEC 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEC 2019

...cranks up today...who's watching whom...?

Blessings!

Jimmy

I was hoping to watch a few games today. Hopefully we'll make it to Mom's in time to catch a few games this afternoon and this evening.

I'll be pulling for the two Bulldog teams in the SEC this weekend as UGA abuses Austin Peay and my brother's Mississippi State Dawgs Stephen H. Austin's Lumberjacks. What is it about these two Bulldawg teams that want to open their seasons playing a team with "Austin" in the name? - At Least State is playing a serious team since I recall that Steve Austin is bionic, and that should make a pretty tough team. (If you're reading this and are confused by the Steve Austin/Bionic reference, you missed out on a great show from the 1970s.)

Apart from those games, I'll be looking to see how the Gumps from Tuscaloosabad, Alabamastan play, and I'll be checking out those newly named Landsharks from Oxford (MS) Community College (aka Ole Missus). One must keep tabs on their most hated enemies.

Sunday evening brings the game I'm really looking forward to seeing as Miami and LSU square off in Arlington, TX. I hope my Tigers win this one, but the sports gurus think it'll be a disappointment for me. I'm still irate about the game 20 years ago when Miami wipped us 44-3. (We got 'em back in the Peach Bowl in '05, but that still doesn't negate my ill will toward those Hurricanes.)

Hope everyone has a great weekend watching college football! (Except for you Alabamastan and Ole Missus fans.)
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

...how about the Plainsmen vs. the Huskies, Marc...?

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

The Huskies wear purple and gold, but the Plainsmen are SEC. Itís a hard decision for me there. But what about those Richmond Spiders? My fraternity (ΣΦΕ) is based out of Richmond. I must, of necessity, be a Spider fan as well.
        If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Nice to see the kids out playing sports instead of video games.

Real football starts next week when the Pros kickoff
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Spencer's peewee team is 3-0, with zero points scored against by any team this season.
            That's what I was watching/coaching, before knocking back a few cold ones to the Uga dawgs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried hard to watch some of the pitiful offerings today but wasn't able to get too far into many of them. Georgia's glorified practice today was fun but next Sat starts the season.

DD F
              Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post
                I tried hard to watch some of the pitiful offerings today but wasn't able to get too far into many of them. Georgia's glorified practice today was fun but next Sat starts the season.

DD F
                The Auburn vs. Washington game was entertaining. Glad to see my team finally end that Mercedes-Benz Stadium curse. Opening last year against Clemson and this year against Washington is about all this ole fart can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by raptor View Post
                  The Auburn vs. Washington game was entertaining. Glad to see my team finally end that Mercedes-Benz Stadium curse. Opening last year against Clemson and this year against Washington is about all this ole fart can handle.
                  That was a good game but it was on over my Dawgs. I'll watch Dawgs vs cupcake over top 10 game, sorry.

DD F
                  Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

...UGA has plenty of wideout / backs, it seems...

...the test comes next week vs. South Carolina...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

...well, Marc...I watched the Swamp Cats put an #%*whuppin on Miami last night...ya'll have lots of talent...poor 'ole Marc Richt...his teams play flat and the QB, Rozier, is way overrated , IMHO...

...my Spiders lost to UVA 42-13...

...we play Fordham this Sat. ...

...UGA and South Caro is what I'm looking forward to...

...we are packing the car for our beach trip today...leave @ 9am tomorrow...supposed to rain all week, but when you rent a place ahead , you don't know what the weather will do...plus, they could miss the forecast...plus, Cath is real lucky...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

My two favorite photos from last night! Suddenly (unless UM was overrated) I'm no so worried about getting blown out by UGA in October. I think the Dawgs will only beat us by 21 now.

Hope y'all have good weather at the beach!

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                          My two favorite photos from last night! Suddenly (unless UM was overrated) I'm no so worried about getting blown out by UGA in October. I think the Dawgs will only beat us by 21 now.

Hope y'all have good weather at the beach!

Swampy,

Your team looked pretty good last night. Your QB and running back looked really good. Defense looked quick and deep for sure.
                          I thought it was a pretty cool when they said your punter was 27 years old. I guess he and the coaches got to have a beer in the locker room after the game, while the other kids got juice boxes and cool-aid.
                          But all joking aside, Ed might have yall back in the right track. Looking forward to seeing yall on 10-13-18!!
                          Last edited by Trout "R"; 09-03-18, 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
                          "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

LSU looked like a legit top tier team last night, kind of like when I played for Dawson County! The west might not be such a sure thing for Alabama...

Comment

Had to add one more photo. I think this covers the whole gamut for UM fans in the fourth quarter. My favorite is the guy in the back row.

Comment

Working...
                              X