We Have Lost the Bandit: Burt Reynolds, 1936-2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Have Lost the Bandit: Burt Reynolds, 1936-2018

News just broke of Burt's passing. I don't know about y'all but I grew up on Smokey & the Bandit and Cannonball Run. Burt was a superb leading man and helped to make the NE corner of Georgia famous for all the wrong reasons, lol. He will be missed. Glad he got to play a part in Archer as well!
    Rest in Peace...
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Loved this guy! He will always be "the Bandit", but my fav Burt character was always Gator McKlusky.

RIP Burt and thanks for all the great films!

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Snowman: “What’s your 20, Bo?”
      Bandit: “I’m Eastbound and down.”

RIP to the “Legend” Burt Reynolds.

There’s a TransAm waiting for you on the open road, somewhere.
      I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

I remember him best for the role as Lewis in Deliverance. A lot of filming was done on the Chattooga which was filmed in sequence unlike most films. When asked why filmed that way, Reynolds said "in case one of us drowns". He even did most of the his own stunts in that movie including going over a waterfall in a canoe which sent him to the hospital with severe injuries. The movie should have won an academy award (nominated for several but that was the year of "The Godfather"). I loved his movies! Sorry to hear about his death.

Comment

Oh man! This one hurts!

RIP Bandit!

Comment

Daaaang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will have to second "Deliverance". It proved Reynolds could really act. That movie was so much more than banjo picking.

Comment

Reynolds said that he may have cost the movie some Oscars by doing the famous nude photo spread in Cosmo.

The Cosmo issue sold an outlandish 1.5 million copies. "It's been called one of the greatest publicity stunts of all time, but it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made," he wrote, "and I'm convinced it cost Deliverance the recognition it deserved."
                "What's his offense?"
                "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Working...
                X