"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
    -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"

Comment

How did you post those photos using Tapatalk? I haven't figured out how to do that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Test

Tapatalk requires you to create an account before you can upload directly from within the app. Tapatalk then serves the same function as Photobucket; an image repository to which you can hotlink. An example is shown below. In my edit window I can see the HTML tags for the image and location. Here's the same image but I tweaked the code so it appears as text. (NOTE: When prompted, choose "small" when selecting the image size. On mobile devices it doesn't matter and it saves a ton of real estate when browsing on full PCs.)

[IMGhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170707/e037ed89650baa95d71254d1c560f7f2.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Trout8myfly; 07-07-17, 09:55 AM.
        "What's his offense?"
        "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
        ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Yeah I'm basically using tapatalk as an image hosting service now, which probably wont last long but we'll see. This photobucket thing didn't affect my boat thread since I took all the pictures on my phone and posted them from tapatalk that way. However, on the drift boat forum that I participate on they have an older forum format that won't show the imbeds for photobucket. Which worked out in hindsight because its about the only boat building website that has any pictures left that aren't that photobucket upgrade account image. BUT, my wifes stupid updated windows software will only save the images I copy and "save as" on her computer as some windows html link. Which is useless for posting to a forum or using really at all. So now I'm on my work computer from 2007 with good ole xp.

Post picture from phone on here via tapatalk

Copy and paste picture from here onto actual computer

Upload on westcoastwoodenboats.ning.com

It's an extremely annoying process

"Stop Whining"

Comment

You just click on the mountain icon at the bottom to post photos

"Stop Whining"

Comment

My test

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Google Photos

Ive switched to using Google Photos for hosting. You can then use this link https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/ to create embed links for the forum. All services are free.

Can I soak the felt on my wading boots with CDC dressing and walk on water? If so, should I start a church? What should I call it?
                  -FM

Comment

So that's two steps right?

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Yes. You need to upload to GP and then use the website to convert into a embed link. Main bonus is that you have unlimited storage with GP, but they do restrict the image and video quality (18 Megapixels and 1080p). I dont use tapatalk so not sure what the limitations are with that method.
                      Can I soak the felt on my wading boots with CDC dressing and walk on water? If so, should I start a church? What should I call it?
                      -FM

Comment

Also, you can set your phone (primary camera?) so that it immediately backs up all images to GP, so then you only need to upload to GP if you use a traditional camera.
                        -FM

Comment

Originally posted by ccorneli View Post
                          Also, you can set your phone (primary camera?) so that it immediately backs up all images to GP, so then you only need to upload to GP if you use a traditional camera.

Gotcha yeah I'll have to check it out

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
                          X