Wild North Georgia Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
    There have been a slew of bear sightings around my place in Cherry Log this year. More than any year I can remember.
    Buck - do the Bear seem to be more comfortable getting close enough to humans to be seen, or appear to be malnourished searching for easy meals, or do you think it is just a natural cyclical pattern?
    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by jonmo View Post
      Buck - do the Bear seem to be more comfortable getting close enough to humans to be seen, or appear to be malnourished searching for easy meals, or do you think it is just a natural cyclical pattern?
      That last bear sure as hell ain't malnourished!
      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
        That last bear sure as hell ain't malnourished!
        Agreed Prez, and that's a whole lot closer than I want to get to them..They seem healthy enough already without tasting my skinny self..
        Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Lol! It’d be a new kind of feeling being on the ground with one that big within bow range! I’ve killed quite a few bears, but none quite like that!

For the record, I’d send an arrow his way for sure but I’m not sure if I’d survive the aftermath to post the pics!

They are hard to guess in trail cam pics, but I’d say that one would go 500-600 pounds. Gilmer has ALWAYS been a hotbed for monster bears.
          Last edited by buckman1; 08-13-18, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
            Lol! Itd be a new kind of feeling being on the ground with one that big within bow range! Ive killed quite a few bears, but none quite like that!

For the record, Id send an arrow his way for sure but Im not sure if Id survive the aftermath to post the pics!

They are hard to guess in trail cam pics, but Id say that one would go 500-600 pounds. Gilmer has ALWAYS been a hotbed for monster bears.
            It's big but not that big, I think..... Doesn't appear to have the size of the bears coming out of Eastern NC lately.

As buckman says, now is the time to observe bears since they will be heading to the woods once the acorns start dropping.

Comment

My next door neighbor has a resident bear that is easily that big or larger. He will lay on his back and pick pears from the pear tree while laying down. Another guide just showed me a pic of a black bear from his buddy's trail cam that was disturbingly large. It's head alone looked like it probably weighed 100lbs!
              "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by huntfish View Post
                It's big but not that big, I think..... Doesn't appear to have the size of the bears coming out of Eastern NC lately.

As buckman says, now is the time to observe bears since they will be heading to the woods once the acorns start dropping.
                I'll buy you a cheeseburger if that bear is killed this season and is less than 500 pounds!

Comment

The Ellijay pic is of a good one. The rest are all youngsters.
                  Take it from a veteran NF hunter; There is no doubt about a big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                    I'll buy you a cheeseburger if that bear is killed this season and is less than 500 pounds!
                    Deal! There aren't that many bears running in GA that size and not that many have ever been killed.

Like I said, it just doesn't look the size of those coming out of East NC recently.

https://huntforever.org/2015/04/30/n...oastal-giants/
                    Last edited by huntfish; 08-15-18, 06:47 AM.

Comment

https://imgur.com/wqdUPrk click for the video of him have a snack of my humming bird feeder
                      wish I could have gotten his picture while he was leering in the window while I was watching the cubs game

Comment

Saw two cubs and one adult at Low Gap and Janus Creek today. They were in separate areas several miles apart and not too afraid of people. One I met closeup (35 feet) drinking on the other side of the creek I was fishing. I never heard him as he moved like molasses thru the woods. Had to activate my truck alarm to scare him away.

bear-01 by Natureman29, on Flickr
                        Last edited by natureman; 08-17-18, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X